Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March Favorites No. 2

I have felt so creative and inspired this month. I know looking at my blog you might be questioning this, but that's because I've put a lot of my creative energy towards my job. I love reading about different people's ideas for teaching and creating my own materials and plans. I've had so many different ideas, been putting them together, and sharing them with my students. It's been turning out great and I have kids interested in Spanish. It's great!

I've also been trying to get back into blogging after an unintentional break. I was putting a lot of my creative energy into school, which is fine. I know I won't always feel inspired, so when I am I think I should go for it and create what I can so that way when I'm not feeling creative and inspired I can just relax. But I also don't want my job to turn into the only thing I have, so I know I need to continue to put energy into this space - especially since I like it. I'm sure other people understand though how when you have two or more creative outlets, sometimes it seems like all your creative energy goes into one area and the the others get ignored a bit. Anyways, I've been reading more blog posts lately and adding more blog post ideas to the list I keep on my phone, so hopefully I'll be publishing more content here. Then I just need to start promoting posts, spending time on social media, and all those other fun admin parts of blogging :)


monthly favorites


Here's what I've been loving this month:


Music

Ed Sheeran's new album ➗ is so good! I love it! "Castle on the Hill," "Perfect," and "Galway Girl" are my top three songs from the album, but I love them all.

I've also been waiting for Lorde to put out new music for years. Pure Heroin is one of my favorite albums. I was so excited when her new song "Green Light" came out. I love it and will definitely be needing to get her new album when it comes out.


Movie

I went to my first movie of 2017, Beauty and the Beast. I was a little unsure if it would live up to the magic of the animated movie, but all that uncertainty was immediately put to rest. They did a wonderful job recreating the movie. They stayed true to the original while still making it their own. If you have not seen this yet, YOU HAVE TO!

Memories

- Finishing my first quarter class. I had a great time with my first group of 8th grade students, even if they did drive me a little nuts sometimes.
- Watching how well my new quarter class picks up what we're learning.
- Reading Disney stories with my Spanish II kids. I love being a language teacher.
- Seeing how excited my Spanish II kids were about reading a story about Lemony Snickets.
- Showing my mom my classroom when she came to see my school's musical (The Little Mermaid!)
- Spending time with my siblings who were home from college on Spring Break
- Talking on the phone with my best friend every day
- Seeing Beauty & the Beast
- The first few signs of Spring


What have you been loving this month? Any of the same things? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment