Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Life Update No. 2

It's been a while - 2 weeks! I'm sorry for the silence. I love this space of the internet and being a part of the blogging community, so I've really felt guilty over this unintentional 2 week break. Guilty because I feel like I'm letting down people who read my posts (I hope there's a few of you) and for ignoring my favorite hobby. It is the worst when you just don't have any ideas for your blog and it seems like you've written about everything already. I think all bloggers feel like that from time to time, so I'm sure you can relate if you have a blog of your own.


Blogging Breaks and Feeling Inspired at Work


Luckily, I have been inspired to work in other parts of my life. The number one area that I have been feeling inspired in is my job. I graduated in December and my first job fell into place super quickly. Since I'm a teacher, it's pretty crazy that I was able to get a job teaching in my own classroom second semester. So in January I hit the ground running, putting together lessons, getting to know my students, and figuring out how to run a class on my own. 

Now I've had time to figure out what my teaching style is and worked out most of the bumps, I can really focus on creating lessons I want to teach. I love thinking up new lessons and finding ways to make my class fun and interesting, especially now that I know where my students are at and who they are.

Over the last 2 weeks I've had TONS of ideas for my classes and been trying to capture them as quickly as they come to me. I've also been reading about what other teachers are doing in their classrooms and gotten tons of ideas from them. It's super exciting and I feel like I'm kicking butt in this area. It's a great feeling, especially since last semester I was feeling so unsure about how I would be as a teacher in my own class (student teaching is ROUGH).

I hope you don't mind reading a bit about my job! I know it's not what I usually write about on here, but that's another thing that I'm having to rethink. In the past I've written a lot about college. I started Courtney's Little Things when I was a junior in college and so college posts were a natural thing for me to write about. This was never a "college blog," it's always been a mix of different lifestyle, planner/bullet journal, self-care, and college posts, but now I'm going to have to find something else to replace college posts, so I might be experimenting with some different types of posts over the next few months. Hopefully you'll stick with me as I figure out where I'll go from here with my content.

Other than being MIA here on the blog and feeling inspired with work, I've been getting to know other teachers at my school, rearranged my apartment a bit, found a new apartment for next year, spent time with my family, and updated my closet a bit (and probably spending too much money).


Let me know what you've been up to over the past few weeks and leave me a link to a new post from your blog to help me get caught up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment