Saturday, March 25, 2017

7 Things To Do to Get Ahead for the Next Week

I am all about being organized. Of course, it can be really hard to stay organized all week. I usually start off pretty organized and throughout the week I just get so busy that I let it slide. Luckily, the weekends are a great time to reset and get organized for the week ahead! I love using my weekends to recuperate, rest, and then get organized for the next week. Here are a few things I (try to) do during the weekends to start Monday on the right track.


How I Use My Weekends to Get Ahead



Clean up.

Sometime during the week, usually about Wednesday, I get tired and give up on cleaning. By Friday, my apartment is a mess. I use my weekends to clean up my apartment by picking up everything off the floor (so all my shoes and clothes), vacuuming, clean off my kitchen cupboards, and get caught up on dishes. Not necessarily fun, but it has to be done. Having a clean apartment makes me feel much calmer and like I have my life together.

Do laundry.

You gotta have clean clothes during the week! Doing laundry on the weekend gives you more outfit options during the week and means you won't have to worry about washing, drying, ironing, and putting away laundry during the week when you're too tired to do it anyway.

Set out outfits for the week ahead.

Putting together outfits for the week on the weekend means you have time to throw a certain shirt or pair of pants in the wash if you need to and can give yourself a few extra minutes of sleep during the week. Plus, it's kind of fun to go through your closet and put outfits together! You can try to recreate an outfit from Instagram or Pinterest or force yourself to create a cute outfit with clothes that have just been sitting in your closet for too long.

Make a weekly to do list.

If you're a bullet journal addict like me, this may be a fun activity for you. Making a (giant) list of all the things I want/need to get done that week lets me clear some space in my brain since I no longer have to remember it now that it's on paper and I can create a bit of a plan for the week. Writing up this list on the weekend also lets you get a head start since you probably have more time to get stuff done than you do during the week.

Grocery shop.

After making your weekly to do list, it's time to write up a grocery list. Grocery shopping is easier (and cheaper) when you do have a list and aren't just throwing whatever looks good in your cart (which is what I do 90% of the time). Getting groceries on the weekend seems to be what everyone does, but it's usually less crazy if you go in the morning.

Make a few meals.

Since you have groceries, now is the time to make a few meals for the week. This is something I've started doing this year, and it's such a great life saver during the week. On the weekends I (try to) cook a few good meals and then put half of it in the fridge and half of it in the freezer. Since I take my lunches to work, this makes it easy to pull something out of the fridge each day for lunch.

Rest.

After doing all of that work to get ahead for the next week, it's time to rest and enjoy the weekend! This is possibly the most important since you need time to do what you enjoy and take time to rest and recharge for a new week. Enjoy some Netflix, listen to your favorite album, catch up on your favorite blogs, sleep in, and spend time with the people who are most important to you. 


How do you spend your weekends? Do you do things to get ready for the next week, relax, or go on adventures? What do you do on the weekends to get ahead for the next week? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I always try to set up a to-do list over the weekend which I use as a template to then plan on my actual planner. I love your blog! I'm also a college blogger. http://readstudyrepeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me so much to have my weekly to do list because then I can figure out what I need to do each day to get all those big items done.

      Delete