Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Day in my Life

I know we all love being nosy, so I thought I'd share a day in my life. I didn't edit the photos, so don't be surprised by the less than Pinterest-worthy photos - buy hey, that's real life!


Take a look at a day in my life and get a glimpse at what it's like to be a teacher!


5 am  

My alarm goes off. I usually turn it off and then go back to sleep until the lights in my room turn on a few minutes later. I have them on a timer and it makes it so much easier to wake up.




5:13 am 

I get up and start my day. I turn the TV on in my living room so I can listen/watch the news as I get ready. I brush my teeth, get dressed, and then do my hair and make-up.

5:47 am

I pack my lunch and fill up a mug with ice and water for the day.

5:51 am

Time for breakfast! I almost always eat a bowl of cereal while watching the news and scrolling through Twitter or Instagram.




6:25 am

Leave for work. I have an hour long commute at the moment. I usually listen to the radio on my drive, but sometimes I listen to one of my playlists on Spotify or an audiobook on Audible.

7:20 am

Arrive at work. I head to my classroom and get my class set up for the day. This usually involves turning on my computer and projector, pulling up the tabs I'll need open on my laptop, and doing a little organizing.

8 am

Students start coming in and my first class starts at 8:10 am.

9 am

It's my plan so I usually grading, making materials for upcoming lessons, or making copies.




9:50 am

Back to teaching. I have 2 periods back to back of Spanish II and then I have an exploratory Spanish class with 8th graders (basically a quarter long introduction of Spanish).

11:54 am

Time for lunch! I eat with a few other teachers in one of the lounges.

12:21 pm

I go back to my classroom and teach another exploratory Spanish class, a study hall, and one more Spanish II class.

3:17 pm

Students leave for the day. I get my class ready for the next day by going over my plan for the next day, writing up the schedule and date on the white board, organize the papers and supplies I'll need for the next day and doing any other little bits to have as much set up for the next day as possible. Today I hung up some conversation hearts I had my students make while studying holidays in Spanish speaking countries.

4:21 pm

I head back home. I try to leave work at 4 pm, but it doesn't always happen!

5:25 pm

I stop at the grocery store for a few things on the way home.

5:41 pm

Finally back home! I put my stuff down and then my best friend always calls at 5:45 while she's on break at work (she works nights).




6 pm

Shower and change into pajamas.

6:20 pm

Turn on Netflix - lately I've been watching Criminal Minds - cook dinner, and eat.

7 pm

I get on my laptop and either work or blog. Since it's my first semester teaching, there's a lot of things I need to work on. I try not to let it take over my life though! Usually I edit photos, draft posts, or read other blogs while watching Netflix in the evenings.

8:17 pm

Bed time! One last scroll through social media before I close my eyes and go to sleep.


That's one day in my life! Nothing too exciting, but these are always interesting to read since you get a look at what other people's schedules look like. What does your day look like? Is it totally different or similar to mine? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment