Saturday, January 14, 2017

Grand Canyon Photo Diary

I love travelling. My family usually goes on a trip every year and since planning usually falls on my mom, we tend to go to the same areas a lot. That's not bad, but I was read for something new, so all year I have been campaigning for a big trip to a place we've never been to before. My family kept putting off the vacation due to schedule issues but finally in December we were all able to go on a big trip to someplace totally different - the Grand Canyon!


Grand Canyon Photo Diary

I was so excited to go there and see this beautiful place in person. We had a little delay with a giant snow storm that came in (you'll see the snow in the pictures), but when we finally got there it was beautiful! Of course, I had to share some of the photos with you!


Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary

Looking at it, it can be hard to believe but many Native American tribes lived in and around the Grand Canyon. One of those tribes were the Hopi. Their origin story tells of coming into this world through a hole in the sky of the world below called the Sipapuni. They believe the Sipapuni is located deep within the Grand Canyon. I read that at one of the museums at the Grand Canyon (yes, they have a few museums along with all the nature) and thought it was such a great story.


Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary

It's really true that the canyon changes colors throughout the day. When we got there in the morning the canyon seemed more gray and brown, but by the end of the day it was read and rich brown tones. It's so beautiful to see how it changes throughout the day.


Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary

Can you believe how much snow there was? Honestly, I didn't think Arizona got snow before this trip. I was so wrong! I also didn't expect for there to be so many trees and plants around the Grand Canyon. My favorite plant was the yucca plant - I want one for my apartment!

Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary
Grand Canyon Photo Diary

That was my trip to the Grand Canyon! As beautiful as it looks in pictures, it is even more beautiful in person. It's such an expansive and unbelievable place to visit.

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? Is it on your bucket list to visit someday? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment