Saturday, January 7, 2017

2017 Life Update and Goals

Happy 2017! I hope the new year has been good to you so far. It has been very good to me and I'm hoping more good things will be happening this year. I thought I'd share how I ended 2016, how I've started the new year, and a few of my goals for 2017. I haven't done a chatty post in awhile, so hopefully you enjoy!


What's happening in 2017 and my goals for the new year

I ended 2016 with a great trip to Arizona with my family (photo diary post to come!). We went to the Grand Canyon, several places in the Flagstaff area, and Sedona. My favorite place we went to was Wupatki National Park. It has lots of Native American ruins and it's so cool to go and see these ruins and learn about how they lived hundreds of years ago and how their culture has changed over the years.

When we got back from the trip, I had my first big job interview and...I got it! I can't tell you how excited I am to have gotten a job right after graduating. It's pretty rare to get a teaching job at semester, but luckily for me, I was able to get one! 

Now I have my own classroom and I've been busy getting everything ready all week. That is the crazy part - from the time I got hired to the first day of classes I had five days! Still, I am so excited to be teaching in my own classroom! My first day teaching went really well and it seems like this will be a great semester.

Going forward into 2017 I'd love if this job works out - I've been hired for the semester, but I'm hoping that it is a good fit and I'm able to work there again for the next school year. Fingers crossed! 

You might have noticed that I also updated the look of Courtney's Little Things. I made a new header and I feel like it completely changed the look. I love it. With my blog this year I want to blog twice a week consistently (hopefully that can still happen with the craziness of starting a new job), post at least 3 times a week to Instagram, and get back into Twitter chats. I haven't joined a Twitter chat in so long which makes me sad since they are a great source of inspiration and to get to know other bloggers. If you have a favorite chat, let me know in the comments!

Other things I want to accomplish this year are to read 8 books, meet up with my college friends, and to start saving money.


What are your goals for this year? Any exciting changes in the works for you in 2017? Let me know in the comments!



10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals, they sound achievable I'm sure you'll do a great job!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congrats on that job. I hope that it works out for you and you enjoy it loads.

    These are some excellent goals - and achievable as well. 3 times on IG!! Woo! I love IG, but fail so many times. I'm also getting back into Twitter chats as well. Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the job - it's been great and a pretty easy transition. I need to actually join a Twitter chat (a month in and I have not done that!). I always seem to remember when they're half over or I'll scroll through and see a chat that's already happening but feel like I shouldn't join in since it already started.

      Delete
  3. Ohh congrats on getting the job Courtney, reading this just made me feel so happy & excited for you! :) Having your own classroom must be such an amazing feeling and getting to decorate it sounds like a lot of fun to me. This year I'm putting my main focus on growing as a person and writing a lot. I hope you'll have the most wonderful year and teaching experience x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara! It is so fun to decorate my classroom and I love having my own class and working with my students each day. I hope you're able to grow as a person this year. You can only improve!

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that you got the job you'd always hoped for. Well deserved! The touches to your blog are lovely. I hope the New Year brings many more positive chapters your way. Xx Best wishes.
    Keep Calm and start writing -
    www.23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new header!! Congrats on getting a teaching job for the semester! That is beyond exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I still love opening up my blog and seeing the new header (maybe a bit vain but I really like it!).

      Delete