Tuesday, January 3, 2017

16 Lessons I Learned in 2016

I always like reading these posts with the lessons people have learned throughout the year. You get a glimpse into their life over the past year and some good advice. Here's 16 lessons I've learned over the past year. 


What I learned in 2016


  1. Cherish the moments you have with friends.
  2. If a stupid doctor tries to pressure you into going off your meds for depression (or other mental illness) and you do not think its a good idea, see a different doctor.
  3. Sometimes you have to go through really hard, stressful times.
  4. You can make it through really hard, stressful times.
  5. You can't please everyone.
  6. Growing up is really hard.
  7. Sometimes when you're struggling, not everyone will be understanding. Find people who are.
  8. Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're ridiculed for it.
  9. Having priorities is very important. Make time for what matters to you.
  10. It's okay to ask for help.
  11. Root canals suck, but the pain only last a day.
  12. Saying good bye is never easy.
  13. I need to care less about what other people think of me.
  14. Be grateful for your family's health (if you have it).
  15. A good playlist can fix even the worst day.
  16. A little patience goes a long way.

What lessons did you learn over the past year? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. The lessons you learned this year are super important and it's great that you realize that in 2016. The most important I learned is that it's okay to step back or walk away from your commitments that are doing more harm than good. I use to feel bad and like I'm being selfish. Eventually, I came to term that it's more important to take care of yourself first before taking care of others.

    Excited to see what 2017 bring for you!
    -Kim :)
    www.simplybeingkim.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such an important lesson, too! Sometimes you just overcommit and use do have to figure out what to cut out because you need time for yourself to stay sane and to be able to help others!

      Delete
  2. Number 4 is one of the biggest lessons I learned last year too. 2016 made me realise that I have to believe in myself more, there have been several occasions where I thought I couldn't do something but I did and it made me grow as a person :) I'm wishing you all the best for 2017, I hope you'll have the best year x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I feel like most of us could probably use a reminder to be confident and encouragement to work through those tough times.

      Delete