Saturday, December 31, 2016

Setting Up My Bullet Journal for the New Year

I love using my bullet journal. I've filled up my third journal, right as the new year is about to come in. As I worked on putting my new bullet journal together, I thought it would make a great post for other people who want to start a bullet journal or for people like me who just like seeing how other people use their bullet journal!


Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal




The first thing I did was create a table of contents/title page. I don't use the table of contents quite like other people do since I put all my lists at the back, and all my monthly/daily pages in chronological order at the front. I still like having one though since I sometimes put in a page or two that I might want to refer back to like a summer bucket list or list of things I need to do over the next few months in with my daily pages.

Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal

Since I'm planning on only using a bullet journal this year (no planner), I decided to create a 2017 calendar at the front. Each page is a month, with the dates stamped on the lines. I didn't label the days M, T, W..., but I did highlight the weekends so that makes it easier to figure out what the month will look like. I made all the calendar pages for 2017 and added in important dates and appointments I already have.


Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal

Next I have a page with my goals for the year. At the moment I have 6 post it notes for different categories or areas I'm setting goals in. I'm not sure if I'll keep the post it notes since I put them down so I could think about what goals I want to set for the year, but now I kind of like the post its and the color it adds. 


Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal

The last page I have at the front is my 2017 Memories. I created a page for 2016 memories in my current bullet journal and really like having this page to record important moments and then to look back on and see what all happened. It's like a snapshot of your year and a nice page to have.

With those pages set up, I flipped to the back to create (or re-create) my lists. I transferred and updated the lists from my current bullet journal to the new one. The first page at the back of my bullet journal is a list of quotes that I like, and then I put in my lists with the ones I use the most closest to the back. Other lists I have are usernames and passwords, hashtags to use on Instagram and retweeting accounts on Twitter, to watch lists, books to read, affirmations, ways to practice self improvement, and ways to improve my blog. 


Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal
Setting Up My 2017 Bullet Journal

The lists are probably my favorite part of bullet journaling since these are lists I like to keep anyway, but bullet journaling gives me one place to keep all these. I also love how creative you can be with bullet journals. The way you set up any page is completely up to you. You can change how you set up your weekly or daily pages as often as you want.



No comments:

Post a Comment