Saturday, December 24, 2016

Planner or Bullet Journal: Which Should You Use?

I have used both planners and bullet journals to stay organized. I started using a planner in high school and having a planner has been a huge help with staying organized in college. However, over the past year I've switched to more of a bullet journal girl. I'm thinking I will continue to rely on my bullet journal, but I bought an extension pack for my Happy Planner - just in case I change my mind. Anyways, I thought I'd make a pros and cons list for both to help you out if you're debating which you should use to stay organized in 2017.


Which is better? Planner or Bullet Journal?




Planner

The pros of using a planner over a bullet journal is that it's already laid out for you so you don't have to create everything, it has lots of space to write down appointments, meetings, and everything else you might have going on. I think planners are great for when you're busy and when you have lots of times and dates to keep track of. You can easily plan into the future since the planner is made for use throughout the whole year.


Which is better? Planner or Bullet Journal?


The cons of using a planner are that it's premade which means you get what you buy where-as with a bullet journal you can change and customize your bullet journal so it fits your needs at any given time. Another con is that there's a lot of space and if you don't have a lot happening each day, it can feel like wasted paper.


Bullet Journal


The pros of using a bullet journal over a planner is that it's completely customizable, you can change it to fit your needs from week to week or even day to day, it's perfect for keeping track of lots of lists, and lets you be creative. I think bullet journals are great for people who like lists (I have lists of books to read, ways to improve my blog, memories from the year, and more) and who like to have the option to change their organization system. I also think bullet journals are great for to use when you rely more on to do lists than on dates and appointments.


Which is better? Planner or Bullet Journal


The cons of using a bullet journal are that you have to create it all which means each week/month (however you decide to make it), you have to set aside time to prepare and design your bullet journal pages. If you're not into designing the pages or don't want to set aside time to do that periodically, a bullet journal probably isn't a good fit. Another con is that it can be more difficult to plan ahead into the future if you don't have a future log/monthly pages already created.


Do you use a planner or bullet journal? Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know in the comments!



Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment