Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Favorite Things About Christmas

Everyone has their own list of things they enjoy about the holiday season, whether it's the decorations, family, or the food. Here's my favorite things about Christmas and the holiday season.


A few of my favorite things about the holiday season



Christmas lights. 

I love hanging Christmas lights around my apartment. They just make everything feel a bit cozier and more magical.

Driving around looking at Christmas lights. 

I love checking out all the Christmas lights as I drive around in the evenings.

Christmas colored candy. 

Somehow red and green M&Ms just taste better.

Christmas cookies.

Sugar cookies decorated all cute and cut into Christmas-y shapes are just the best.

Putting up Christmas decorations.

I'm not crazy about putting up Christmas trees, but I love getting out my Christmas canvases, snowmen, and other decorations.

All the Christmas stickers and washi tape.

I love decorating my planner or bullet journal with all the cute Santa and penguin stickers I can find. And there's definitely no shortage of Christmas themed washi in my craft box either.

Buying gifts.

I love going to stores, looking for the perfect gift for friends or family members. I like making lists of what to get everyone and then shopping for them. It's even better when you're just walking around and you spot the perfect gift.

Giving gifts.

I love putting all the gifts under the tree, waiting for people to open yours and seeing what everyone else got them. It's so fun to see people's reactions when they get a gift they like and to know you put that smile on their face!

Getting gifts.

I'm not going to lie, I love getting gifts. I used to try and get people to tell me what they got me for Christmas or sneakily open the presents under the tree early. I was bad! But now I just like seeing what people got me and it's so fun when the people you care about put thought into what they're getting you and to have something that will always remind you of them.

Walking through all the Christmas isles.

Whenever I go to the store during the holidays, I always have to walk through all the Christmas isles. Even if it's a store I go to frequently, I can't skip it! There are also a few stores I go to around this time just to check out their Christmas stock!


Time at home with my family.

I love going home for the holidays. Now that me and my siblings are all growing up, it's great to have times when all of us are back at home and can spend time together. I also love staying at my parents' house and being able to be a kid again for a bit. It's the best to be able to sleep in, have your mom cook, and not have to worry about all that daily adult stuff!


Holiday baking competition shows.

Watching holiday baking competitions on Food Network is one of the best parts of the holiday season. One of my college roommates got me into these shows, and now it's something I look forward to every year! I just love seeing all the super cute and elaborate goodies they make!


Watching my favorite Christmas movies.

I have a few Christmas movies I enjoy watching eaching December. My favorites are Elf, The Grinch, and A Christmas Story.


What are your favorite things about Christmas? Let me know in the comments!





4 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with you on pretty much everything on your list! I love how you're into holiday baking shows on Food Network too because I really haven't found anyone who is! My mom and I are obsessed with Holiday Baking Championship - it's our favorite! :)

    ♥ Kelsey
    www.tickledgreene.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My roommate in college got me into the Food Network baking shows. They're SO good and I can get sucked into a marathon so easily!

      Delete
  2. My favourite thing about Christmas is walking though a Christmas market & just feeling the festivity in the air while it's slowly getting darker and all the lights & decorations start brightening up the city :) When it comes to actual Christmas Eve one of my favourite things is singing Christmas songs with the entire family, it's kind of our little tradition and I love it x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so perfect! I'd love to go to a Christmas market, but there's not really any in my area (or at least not that I'm aware of). Someday I'll go to one!

      Delete