Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016 Favorites

In honor of 2016 coming to an end (thank god, right?) I've decided to write up my 2016 favorites. It's a long post, but I had fun putting it together! I have all my favorites from Netflix to music to movies to blogs to personal stuff. It's all here in my 2016 favorites!


My Favorite Things from this Year

Song

There have been lots of great songs this year. My favorite song from this year is one that I have been listening to all year - "One Dance" by Drake, WizKid, and Kyla. This song comes on the radio and I just have to sing along and do a little Drake dance.


Other favorite songs from this year:
"Just Like Fire," by P!nk
"Somebody," by Layne
"La Bicicleta," by Shakira and Carlos Vives
"If Only For Now," by Pop Evil


Artist

My favorite artist from this year is probably the Chainsmokers. I've loved "Roses," "Don't Let Me Down," and "Closer" is still my song at the moment. 

Other artists who put out great music this year:
Rihanna
Ariana Grande
Pop Evil


Netflix

I can't choose just one, so my top 2 shows on Netflix are Bob's Burgers and Reign. I have now watched Bob's Burgers all the way through 3 times (2 of those being this year). I just love the Belcher family and all their shenanigans. 

Reign is a show that I kind of have a love-hate relationship with (mostly love, but you know). It's a terrible teen drama that's based on historical figures but is horribly inaccurate. But it is SO good! I'll get annoyed with all the drama, but then play one more episode! I can't get enough of Mary and the lives of all her friends/enemies. The love, the heartbreak, the drama - you have to experience it.


YouTube


What I've been watching the most of on YouTube this year is videos from Saturday Night Live and Stephen Colbert's show. I realize they're actually TV shows, but I only watch them on YouTube!

love Kate McKinnon and think they have a pretty good cast on Saturday Night Live right now. Most Sundays I spend the morning watching a few clips from Saturday's show.

While I preferred The Daily Show over The Colbert Report, I do like Stephen Colbert's monologues on his late night show, so I usually catch up on those on weekends, too. I will say my favorite bit from him this year was "Hungry for Power Games."


Movie

My favorite movie from this year is Ghostbusters. I love this movie! As I already mentioned, I love Kate McKinnon and all the women in Ghostbusters are hilarious and brilliant actresses. The film is so good, if you haven't seen it yet, you need to!

Other great movies:
- Alice Through The Looking Glass
- Finding Dory

- The Huntsman Winter's War


Book

My favorite book that I read this year is probably The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. This book was a really inspiring read at the beginning of the year and was very interesting to me. I have so many quotes that I love from this book.

Other good books I read this year:
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou

Memories/Big Events

- Last semester living on campus with friends
- Spending an afternoon taking senior pictures around campus with my friends
- Moving into my first apartment and living on my own for the first time
- My 23rd Birthday weekend with my best friend
- Student teaching
- Graduating from college


Photos




My Favorite Posts

This year I feel like my writing and photography has really improved. My content has evolved and I think has been a higher quality than it was last year. I tried narrowing down the list of my favorite blog posts, but 12 is about as low as I can get my list!
  1. 7 Things That Help Calm Me
  2. 10 Ways I Cope with Depression
  3. Ways I've Changed in College
  4. 10 Things To Do More Often
  5. Day Trip | Indian Caves
  6. How to Make Your Dorm Look Good
  7. 12 Things To Do Between Classes
  8. 15 Minutes or Less Self Care Ideas
  9. How to Start a Blog
  10. Day Trip | Arbor Lodge
  11. How to Help Your Blog Grow With You
  12. Getting My Spark Back

Blogs

I have so many blogs I like to read, so I don't want to choose 1 favorite and leave everyone else out. I decided to list a few of my favorites instead.
- Thrifty Vintage Fashion
- Welcome to Aly's World
- Sophie Rose
- From Roses
- Dorkface
- Sara's Chapters
- The Blog Market
- Thirteen Thoughts
- Living the Gray Life
- Media Marmalade


So those are my favorites from this year! I'll be super impressed if anyone actually reads through it all, but I had so much fun writing it and I kept thinking of more and more favorites from the year as I went!

What were some of your favorites from this year? Do you love any of the same things from this list? Let me know in the comments!






2 comments:

  1. Ohh it just put the biggest smile on my face when I found my blog on your list - thank you so much for including me!! I think you've been one of the first people who read my blog regularly & it means so much to me :) The other blogs you've mentioned are definitely some of my faves as well. And yours of course! Congrats on all of your big events this year, especially graduating & living on your own. One of my favourite events this year was graduating from high school a bit more than a week ago x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Sara! I love your blog! It's pretty cool we both graduated around the same time :)

      Delete