Sunday, October 2, 2016

September Favorites

September had a rocky start for me as I was still trying to figure out how to balance school/work, life, blogging, and family. I knew student teaching was going to be tough and it turned out to be just as crazy, busy, and time consuming as I thought it would be and then some. Balancing teaching from 7:30-4:00 each day (if not longer), keeping up with college classes and projects, attempting to post regularly on my blog and social media channels, staying in touch with family and friends, trying to make time for self-care, and doing general adult things like laundry, buying groceries, and all those other fun things turned out to be a lot to manage and something I wasn't quite prepared for. I still haven't quite figured out how to balance it well, but I'm getting closer to figuring it out. It's still tough, but I'm not as stressed about managing everything at the moment.

I'm never sure if I sound like an annoying complainer when I talk about how hard I'm finding student teaching and I don't want it to sound like I dislike teaching because I really do love it. It's just that after being really good at being a student for 16 years, I'm having to switch to being the teacher and although I've been responsible for myself for the past 4 years at college, it seems a lot more real now that I'm working all day. And I think this is normal to feel overwhelmed by the massive change from being a student to working full time no matter what your career is. Or at least I'm hoping so!

It hasn't been all overwhelming though! I got to meet up with 2 of my friends and had a lovely time with both of them. It was so good to be with them and laugh and have some real talk about life. I am feeling more and more successful teaching and getting to know my students better which I really enjoy. I'm also starting to find or make more time to do things I enjoy like blogging and reading.




Netflix

I've been watching lots of documentaries lately. My personal favorite was Witches: A Century of Murder which is about the witch hunt in Britain during the 1600s. I've learned about the Salem Witch Hunt in America, but it was interesting to learn about how the witch hunt got to Britain (which is how it eventually made it's way to the US). If you enjoy history this is definitely a good documentary. It's also a fitting documentary for October if you are all about that Halloween life.

Music

The song I haven't been able to get out of my head this month is "Closer" by The Chainsmokers and Halsey. I love Halsey's voice and that chorus is just so catchy!

Memory

Standing around my friend's kitchen talking about how we're doing. There's just something so amazing about having friends that you can be honest and silly with.

Food

I have been obsessed with Chinese food lately! I get Chinese take out at least once a week and have made my own a few times. Rice noodles, orange chicken, crab rangoon, fried rice - I can't get enough!

Blog

A Girl Obsessed. I've been reading this blog for a while now and I can't believe it hasn't made it into my monthly favorites until now! Mandy writes beauty, fashion, lifestyle, and blogging advice posts - basically a bit of  everything. My favorites from this month are 10 Types of Blog Posts That Get Tons Of Views, 20 Ways To Treat Yourself On A Budget, and How To Be A Happy Blogger.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment