Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Weekend To Do List for Staying Organized

For the fourth edition of My Weekend To Do List I'm going to be talking about how I use my weekends to get organized.  I genuinely enjoy getting and staying organized. Being organized just makes life run so much smoother and whenever you're going through a tough time or you're super busy, taking a few minutes to get organized over the weekend helps a ton! So here's 5 things I do on the weekend to stay organized during the week!


5 Things I Do To Stay Organized



Set up my bullet journal for the new week.


I use a bullet journal to stay organized rather than a planner. So that means I have a bit more to do to set up my bullet journal for the week than if I had just a planner, but it works better for me than a traditional planner at the moment. So I update my monthly view where I write down any important dates and take a look at that and decorate my weekly view before moving onto the next thing which is to...

Make a to do list for the week ahead.


I need a to do list each week to keep me on track with everything and since this is a busy month with lots of due dates coming up, it is a pretty long list for each week! My weekly to do list focuses on the tasks I need to do for college and certification, cleaning (which may or may not get done), and any other things I need to get done. Making a list for the week helps me figure out what tasks I should do each day which helps me stay organized with everything that's going on in my life.


Organize my work bag.


I don't know about you, but by the end of the week my folders are filled with papers that need organized. On the weekend I go through these papers, file them into the different binders I have for everything. This just helps my work bag from becoming a hot mess and will help me to be able to just pull out what I need later on if I need to reference something for an assignment or when I want to use something from student teaching experience in my own classroom.


Create work outfits for the week.


This is just a super simple and kind of fun thing I do on the weekends to help me be a bit more organized and prepared for the week. Picking out an outfit can be kind of a pain during the week and it can be easy to go through 3 different outfits before putting on something that I like. But if I have my outfits picked out on Sunday, I can take my time putting it together without feeling rushed to get out the door. It's also something that's fun and gives me a little something to look forward to - like "oh I can't wait to wear that cute top Thursday!"


Make a list of meal ideas for the week.


I can't meal plan like some people do where I have each meal planned in advance, because what if I get to Tuesday and don't feel like eating spaghetti?! But I do take a look at what groceries I have, what groceries I need, and make a list of a few different meals I could have during the week. This is another one of those things that just helps to make the week run smoother. I can just take a look at those ideas and pick something to make rather than having to figure out what I have on hand or start making something only to find I'm missing a key ingredient. 


That's how I get organized for the week ahead. Do you like to stay organized? What do you do on the weekend to get organized?



1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with making lists for everything it makes me feel so much more organised! Love planning outfits too!

    EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin | Blog Header Services

    ReplyDelete