Wednesday, October 19, 2016

50 Thoughts I Have While Doing Homework

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a big assumption - nobody likes doing homework. Some of us don't mind as much as others, but no one gets excited about homework. Or at least no one I know. Most of the time I would rather do anything, including cleaning my whole apartment, but the homework I have. I thought I would share some of the thoughts that crossed my mind as I worked on a big writing assignment for class.



50 Thoughts Everyone Has While Doing Homework




  1. THIS IS DUE IN 3 DAYS!?!? 
  2. Okay, time to get to work.
  3. Well, before I start I need to get a glass of water.
  4. I'll just put these dishes into the dishwasher. 
  5. Okay, now I'm really going to start on it.
  6. I can totally watch TV while I do homework!
  7. I'm just going to check Twitter real fast.
  8. Okay, what do I need to do for this assignment?
  9. THIRTY ONE QUESTIONS! Who even makes an assignment like this?
  10. I just need to answer one question at a time.
  11. *answers one question* I'm hungry. I'll go see what's in the kitchen.
  12. Ooo - this looks yummy!
  13. I'll just make a little plate. *loads up on sweets*
  14. I totally deserve this for working on my homework.
  15. Oh my god! This is taking forever!
  16. You know, all these thoughts would make a great blog post! *opens blogger and starts typing away on blog post instead of homework*
  17. This is such a fun post to write! I'm really excited about this one.
  18. ...Oh yeah, homework.
  19. I need to get this done. *stares blankly at the screen for 5 minutes*
  20. What does this question even mean?
  21. I'll just google what this term means.
  22. This is such a long assignment.
  23. Why did I choose this major? 
  24. *answers several questions* Am I done yet?
  25. Nope, 26 more questions to go.
  26. Ugh! 
  27. I just want to be done!
  28. I just killed that answer. Slay!
  29. I better get a great grade on this.
  30. Okay, what does this term mean?
  31. I got a lot done. I'll take a break for dinner.
  32. It's been 2 hours, I should probably get back to it.
  33. Oh my god! I'm not even done with the first section!
  34. Am I writing enough for each answer?
  35. Do I need to include more details?
  36. Well, there's a character limit, so I can't include any more details.
  37. I hope this is enough.
  38. I'll be crushed if I don't get a good grade on this.
  39. This isn't so bad.
  40. Oh my god. This is so bad.
  41. I think I can actually feel this sucking my soul away.
  42. I've written a lot. I bet I'm almost done.
  43. How are there still 10 questions left?!
  44. I've been working on this fooooorrrreeeeeveeeerrrr.
  45. I'm never going to get this done on time.
  46. *Pictures banging head on table repeatedly*
  47. I don't care anymore. At this point I'm just putting down answers.
  48. Haven't this question already been asked?
  49. I swear I've answered this question 5 times already.
  50. It's finished! Mwah! *kisses computer screen*

Hopefully this was relatable to you if you are taking classes! What thoughts do you have when working on homework? Share them with me in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. These are so relatable! For me most of the time once I actually get to work & get past the initial 'oh god I don't want to do this, it's going to take forever' mindset it's actually not that much of a problem anymore because I then usually get into a productive phase. It's more that my thoughts hold me back from even starting cause I'm constantly telling myself 'this is going to suck so much' or 'I'll never get this done' or 'OMG I have no idea where to start' x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your article is very funny and interesting ! :)

    ReplyDelete