Saturday, September 24, 2016

Struggles of Adjusting to Adult Life

I've just completed week 6 of my first full time position. While I love where I'm working and what I'm doing, I can't say it's been easy adjusting from a college lifestyle to working full time. In hopes that some of you may also be feeling the same, or have felt the same, here's a list of some of the changes I'm struggling to adjust to and accept about the post-grad life.


15 Struggles of Adjusting to Adult Life




  1. Waking up at 5:30 am everyday.
  2. No longer being able to wear leggings and a sweatshirt all day.
  3. Having to put some real effort into my appearance.
  4. Having to commute to work instead of just walking across campus to get to class.
  5. I'm now expected to greet people with a smile when I walk into work still half asleep.
  6. When meeting new people you actually shake hands and say nice to meet you.
  7. Being positive and professional at work all day and interacting with others instead of being able to get away with the anti-social behaviors of showing up to class, taking notes, and leaving.
  8. When you start counting down until you can leave, it's hours not minutes.
  9. Being absolutely exhausted by the time you leave work.
  10. Changing into pajamas the moment you walk into your apartment.
  11. Being too tired to eat a proper meal when you get home.
  12. Big outings during the week include grocery shopping and picking up essentials at the drug store.
  13. Considering going to bed at 7 pm.
  14. Feeling like a night owl if I stay up until the 10:00 news.
  15. Not being surprised when you fall asleep at 8 pm.

Have you recently graduated from college? Are you struggling to adjust to the post-grad life? 



3 comments:

  1. Definitely feel ya!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only 17, but I so feel you on some of these things! My busy school and blogging schedule simply don't let me stay up until 10:00 p.m. I am so, so tired! Lovely post! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm used to adult life, but girl, waking up at 5:30am is just torture...

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete