Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Monthly Intentions | September Goals

As you may have noticed over the past few months, my monthly goals post is a part of the Monthly Intentions Blogger Collab. The collab features some great blogs and if you haven't yet, be sure to check out the other blogs and find out what their goals for the month are!






August has been a pretty exciting month for me. I talked more about all the changes and fun over in my August Favorites post, but I'll just go over the highs and lows here. The low was me being anxious about starting student teaching and whether or not I can handle being a "real" adult. The high was definitely having my best friend over! We haven't spent time together since June because we live three hours apart so it was great to spend a few days with her, especially around my birthday!


Monthly Intentions | September Goals


As always, we'll take a look at how I did with my August goals before getting on to my goals for this month.
1. Have a great birthday. ☑ Along with my best friend coming up for a few days, I got to go to a local festival for my birthday. It's really popular, but I've never gone before. So for my birthday my family and I went there. I also got a few good presents from the fam and got to enjoy some Blizzards with them.
2. Adjust to working full time. ☑ I've gotten used to waking up at 5:30 am, to the commute (audio books really do help!), to being totally alert all day, and speaking and thinking in 2 different languages (I'm teaching Spanish).
3. Blog 2-3 times a week. This is a kind of ☑. I took a week off blogging for my first full week of school, so kind of, not really. It was nice to not worry about it though since that week was exhausting. I'm a little unsure if I'll be able to post twice a week, but I think it's doable. 
4. Read at least one book. Nope! I did really good at the beginning of August but once school hit I let reading totally slide.



Monthly Intentions | September Goals



Get a good score on my first project. 

With student teaching I have four big projects to complete. The first one is due at the beginning of this month. I'm not sure how quickly I will get the score back, so I might not be able to let you know if this happens or not by the next goals post.


Spend time with friends. 

I have to go back to my college this month for an all day student teaching meeting, so the unofficial plan is to stay with my one friend who still lives there and meet up with at least one or two more friends. We are all living in different areas, but this is kind of a central location for all of us so I'm hoping this will work!


Post at least twice a week on Instagram.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I barely posted on Instagram this month! It kills me a bit inside when I realize how long it's been between posts there. I'm going to have to stock up on some good Insta photos to share on the weekends from now on!


Those are the goals for September. Let me know what your big plans for the month are in the comments!


Related Posts:  July GoalsJune GoalsMay Goals



6 comments:

  1. I've been pretty bad at posting on Instagram lately as well & it's annoying me so much! Let's hope we'll both be able to get better at it haha :) also, good luck for your first student teaching project. I'm sure you'll do great x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually some serious work to find the time to get good photos for Instagram! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your high! Being apart from your best friend is hard but I am so glad you got to spend some time with her and have a good birthday!! Teaching and thinking in two languages sounds complicated!! Good for you for doing it!! Spanish is a language I want to learn and I really need to make more effort!
    Good luck on your goals this month!! I wish you all the best on your first project, hope you get the marks you are looking for!! Enjoy your time with friends!! Sometimes time goes by so quickly and we forget to hang out with them, but they are so important!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great birthday! How is your teaching job going? I really wish i could be fluent in spanish it'll be so helpful to me in so many ways. I'm also trying to post more often on Instagram. Sometimes i just don't have anything to post haha.
    Good luck on all your goals for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on reaching so many of your August goals!! It sounds like it was a wonderful month for you! Also... happy belated birthday!!

    I have been struggling with instagram as well lately! My problem is that I never seem to like any of the pictures I take. Hopefully this month we can all improve on that platform.

    Best of luck with all of your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these goals, Courtney. Glad that last month was exciting. Happy belated birthday again - though I think I did wish you it on your birthday. Ho-hum.
    530?! Uuuugh!!! How long is your commute to work?

    So glad that you were able to spend time with the bestie!! I know how hard it is to be away from the best friend...

    Hope your first project went well. Can't wait to see what you have in store for next month.

    ReplyDelete