Saturday, August 13, 2016

My Weekend To Do List for A Clean Home

It's time for the second installment of my new series - My Weekend To Do List. This month it's all about a topic I've never tackled before here - cleaning. Which may not sound exciting or fun, but we all have to do it and having a clean home makes a huge difference! If my place is a mess I can't focus as well because of everything being all over the place. Having a mess also makes it a lot harder to do things because you have to clear an area just so you can do some work or cook dinner! So cleaning up your home on the weekend is definitely a good thing for your home and your sanity.

Now before we get too far into this, I just want you to know this is definitely not what I do every weekend! Most weekends I just straighten up, vacuum, wash a load of laundry, and clean up the kitchen a bit. This list is what I do if I'm wanting to really clean the place up and make my home look like new.


8 things to do to clean your home this weekend!




Change the sheets.

Changing the sheets is a task that gets pushed off. For some reason this seems like a time consuming job, when really it's about 10 minutes (if you struggle with that bed sheet like I do). Plus it makes it feel like a whole new bed when you go to sleep! So get to it and put a new set of sheets on your bed!


Make the bed.

Since you just put new sheets on your bed, you might as well finish the job and make your bed. Pull up the quilt/duvet and place your pillows nicely on your bed. 


Tidy up.

If you're like me you probably have a few pairs of shoes laying around, clothes on the floor that should be in the clothes hamper, empty glasses on the side table - you know how it is! So go through each room and put away everything that doesn't belong and straighten up what does belong there - fold blankets or get your stationary stacked perfectly.


Vacuum.

You know it needs to be done. And my mother would tell you how good it is for your carpet.


Do the laundry.

It's probably overflowing. You're probably getting low on clothes to wear. So separate (darks, whites, colors - or however you do) and put a load of laundry in the wash. And don't forget to dry, fold, and put away your laundry!


Clean the kitchen.

And I mean clean the kitchen! Wash the dishes and put them away. Clean the countertops, stove, and microwave. Clean out the fridge and get rid of any food that's gone bad. Sweep and mop the floors. Now you've got a clean kitchen (that will be a mess by the next meal - but we'll just pretend it will stay this way forever).


Clean the bathroom.

Clean the mirror(s), countertop, shower, and toilet. Sweep and mop the floors. 


Clean up your pet's area.

If you have a pet, there's a chance that you have a little area for them and it's gotten a bit messy. For me that means cleaning out my turtle's tank and wiping down the chest his tank is on. So make your pet a happier guy or gal and clean up their space a bit, too!


That's the list of things I tackle if I'm going to be cleaning up my apartment over the weekend. What do you do to clean up your home over the weekend? Let me know in the comments!





1 comment:

  1. This is such an extraordinary asset, to the point that you are giving and you give it away for nothing. I adore seeing sites that comprehend the benefit of giving a quality asset to free. It is the old what circumvents comes around schedule. tile and grout cleaning folly beach sc

    ReplyDelete