Saturday, August 6, 2016

Monthly Intentions | August Goals

Hey everyone! This is the second month of the Monthly Intentions collab. I've really liked joining this collab since it's introduced me to some great new blogs. Be sure to check out the other lovely bloggers that are a part of Monthly Intentions!





July has been a very good month. The best part has probably been moving into a new apartment. I've loved decorating it (you can see how I decorated my bedroom here) and enjoying time to myself. There really hasn't been anything bad for me this month. The worst thing (which really isn't bad) was realizing how close I am to the end of summer break. I'm excited and sad and nervous since this is my last semester of college and I'll be spending all day, every day teaching (as a student teacher/intern)! 

Monthly Intentions Collab | August Goals


So before sharing my August goals, I'll let you know how I did on my July goals.
Goal #1: Improve mental health. I haven't done anything major, but I've just done little things to improve my mental health like sleeping more regularly, spending time or reaching out to friends and family, and practicing self-care.
Goal #2: Take 1 e-course. Like I said I've signed up for ecourses I've never even opened, and one of those was Refresh Your Blog (free!) from Chelsie. This e-course would be really good if you're behind on blog admin tasks or don't know where to start with blog admin. It's helpful and got me to finally add a search bar (go ahead and give it a try if you want!) and to update my mini bio/intro in my sidebar and on my social media accounts.
Goal #3: Read 2 books. I'm counting this as a success, even though I didn't finish 2 books. I read and finished Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou. I really admire Maya Angelou for her wisdom and kindness and strength. The second book, A Clash of Kings, I read half of but didn't finish and I don't think I will. I feel like I'm supposed to like A Game of Thrones since the series is so popular, but I just don't like the series that much. So I returned the book to the library and I'm not planning on reading more of the series.
Goal #4: Make the apartment feel like home. As I've already mentioned, I loved decorating my apartment and making it feel like home. I really like my apartment and spending time in it. Now I just need to get more familiar and comfortable with the area I'm in.
Goal #5: Look into tasks for student teaching. I'm counting this as a success, even though I only looked into the first 2 (of 4) tasks. These tasks are big projects that you have to create, implement, and analyze so there is a lot to read and I also wanted to look at the examples of exemplary work they have available to get an idea of what the people who score the tasks are looking for.


Monthly Intentions Collab | August Goals


August goals:


Have a great birthday. 

My birthday is August 7 (mark your calendars!) and I've been planning some fun things for it so I can't wait to make it happen! If you're curious, I'll be turning 23.


Adjust to working full time.


I start student teaching this month, which if you're not familiar student teaching is a semester long internship for teaching. So I'll be at the school from about 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday for 4 months. Obviously that is a big change from the college lifestyle where I try to be productive/go to class from 9 am - 4:30 pm and try to sneak a nap in at some point and watch TV while I work. 

I think the hardest part will be the wake up time (5:30-6 am) and being "on" for that long. With teaching you have to be on the ball all day since you have to present material, help students learn, and keep students on task - no time to sneak in a game of solitaire or check twitter! 


Blog 2-3 times a week. 


Since I'll be starting a whole new adventure I'm going to cut back on how often I blog so I don't get overwhelmed. I'm going to switch my schedule so I post new content on Wednesdays and Saturdays. 

I've also been wanting to change up my Weekend Wrap Up posts and considering a different style of weekly life updates, but haven't decided on anything. I've also been completely forgetting to write them on Sundays! So you might see me try a few different things, but I might just take this month off from those posts. I just don't know yet!


Read at least 1 book. 


I want to keep up my year of reading so I want to read at least one book this month! I'm starting with This Same Sky which is good so far. I picked this up from a thrift shop a while ago, so I'm glad I'm finally reading it! It's a pretty short read, so hopefully I'll get another book read this month, too!

That's what I'm hoping for in August! Are you setting any goals for this month? Let me know in the comments!


Related Posts:  July GoalsJune GoalsMay Goals




26 comments:

  1. Good job for accomplishing all your intention for July :) It's August 7 here in Switzerland alredy so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you'll have the most amazing day. Also I really hope everything will go well with your teaching. Or no, actually I'm pretty sure it will cause I know you'll do amazing x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a great birthday and I'm hoping teaching goes well too haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you met all your goals for July! That's so good! Good luck on your teaching job! I think waking up early is gonna be hard at first but then you're going to get used to it. Hopefully lol. I'm also trying to read at least one book this month. I haven't started but I already have a book picked out!

    xx,
    Yvanne | https://composedcollected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think it's the first time it's ever happened for me haha. I usually get used to waking up earlier (I had to for my job in high school), but it takes me awhile to get used to it! I hope you get your book read and you like it

      Delete
  4. I read a lot so I'm alright on that front... as for blogging, I'm losing inspiration again. gah!

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the worst! Sometimes a break helps to get me excited for blogging again. Hopefully you get your blogging mojo back soon!

      Delete
  5. It's so great that you've met your July goals, and that you continue to set intentions for August! That's very self aware of you, and such great initiative. I plan to do the same thing and can only hope I am as inspired as yourself!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping that momentum from July caries through to this month! August is already shaping up to be much busier and different.

      Delete
  6. I totally get what you mean about Game of Thrones. It's actually why I haven't read the last book or watched the last season, I'm kinda over it. Felt the same way with Hunger Games.
    Glad your apartment feels like home!! Getting familiar with the area of town you live in, is always a good feeling!!

    Hope you are having an amazing birthday!!

    Fingers crossed for your next month, sounds like it's gonna be quite the adjustment and change for you and I wish you all the best!! Be sure to take time for yourself, to breathe, stretch and recover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to do just that. Change is hard for me to deal with so I'm trying to do my best to deal with it all.

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness!! Yeah, my summer has been switched too. Was supposed to be off this whole summer now I work 40 hours plus trying to grow my blog. Ugh.

    Totally wish you luck with that. Writing blocks a few days in advance have helped me out as well as planning what I want to be talking about for the month.

    Good luck!!

    Happy birthday!!! Hope that it was a good one. Also - though it's early... I wish you luck in your last year of collage. Eeee!! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - exciting, and weird, and a little scary! I think it's going to take some practice to get used to working full time and blogging, but hopefully I'll figure it out!

      Delete
  8. Happy belated, fellow Leo! I feel ya on the mental health goal, I rarely take time for myself & it's SO IMPORTANT! And I may check that free e-course out! Good luck with your goals, girl!

    Sunny | astoldbysunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a fabulous birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it's posting me as unknown. Silly internet lol.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes the internet just doesn't get it haha. And thanks - I had a great birthday!

      Delete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!!! These are such great goals and I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know already said this but Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm hoping it was as awesome as you are. Congrats on accomplishing all your July intentions. Although working as a teacher is a full time job it sounds very rewarding and exciting. If you stop by the dollar spot in Target they have tons of cute teacher supply stuff. I'm hope you have a great month ahead of you. Can't wait to hear all that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know student teaching is going to be a LOT of work, but I love working with kids and helping them learn new things. It really is super rewarding and fun (most of the time). I love seeing all that stuff in the dollar spot every August. It makes me so excited to have my own classroom someday!

      Delete
  12. First, let me say... Happy Belated Birthday! Praying that you have abundant blessings, health, peace, love and blog-spiration this year, and for the years to come!

    Congrats on knocking out all of your July goals! I know you feel super accomplished, and you should. It's not often that we are able to complete everything we set out to do. But, honey, you rocked it out.

    Sending you positive vibes and tons of energy as you start working full time while going to school. Balance is key, and it looks like you have that under control.

    Cant wait to see your progress on your August goals, and what you have planned for September.

    ♥Lots of Love from my home to yours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, let me say... Happy Belated Birthday! Praying that you have abundant blessings, health, peace, love and blog-spiration this year, and for the years to come!

    Congrats on knocking out all of your July goals! I know you feel super accomplished, and you should. It's not often that we are able to complete everything we set out to do. But, honey, you rocked it out.

    Sending you positive vibes and tons of energy as you start working full time while going to school. Balance is key, and it looks like you have that under control.

    Cant wait to see your progress on your August goals, and what you have planned for September.

    ♥Lots of Love from my home to yours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a wonderful one and that you got to enjoy it with friends and family!

    You did such a great job on your July goals!! #inspiring! I hope I can do that well in the future! It sounds like August will be busy month with you working full time. Good luck with all of your August goals!

    ReplyDelete