Monday, July 4, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 47

This week has been all about prepping for this weekend because it's moving weekend! I did my laundry, packed up most everything, and started making my grocery list a few days ahead of time - I was just so excited to cook whatever I want and not worry about if the rest of my family likes it. It's the little things, right?

I've also been feeling good this week. I think having the excitement of new things ahead and just continuing to take care of my self whether that be taking a lazy day for a little Netflixing (it was only one day haha), being productive, or doing something that makes me happy.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 47


Friday was move in day so after loading up most everything in vehicles the night before, it only took my family and I an hour in the morning to finish loading furniture and a few other items. Once we got to my new apartment we realized we arrived a little too early (oops) so instead of moving me in straight away, we went to a restaurant for lunch first. We had a nice meal and after waiting just a bit we were able to start moving me in! Luckily with the help of my brothers and parents it took no time at all to get my stuff up three flights of stairs and assemble a bit of furniture.

If we can back up a little bit, moving makes my mom and I not get along so well. Well really it's more of the pre-moving (making plans, taking stock of what I have and what I need to get, etc) than the actual moving part. Anyways, I found myself getting irritated or annoyed with my mom quite a bit during the week, and to be honest I didn't treat her with much kindness or respect. On Friday I felt so bad for the attitude I had given her during the week. Why? Because she is seriously my biggest blessing in life. I know people who aren't lucky enough to have a mom as wonderful as mine and she made the actual move in day so smooth and easy. She's the one who assembled the majority of the furniture and stayed until I had most everything done. She kept her cool so well throughout the entire move in process. So next time you're annoyed with someone who's trying their best to help you, ask if the way you're behaving and treating them is reflecting well upon you. Because the way you treat others says a lot about yourself (but please don't think I'm always a bad daughter/person. I swear I'm not!).

Weekend Wrap Up No. 47


Saturday I spent the day mostly organizing and unpacking a few more things. I thought I'd watch Reign while I worked. I'm really bad at Netflixing because I'll watch a few episodes one week and then I'll forget about the show for a while. So I just started season 2 of Reign and I liked that Mary gets more bold. I also started wondering how many times Mary and Francis can disagree on major issues yet still have no problems in their relationship. I also drank the best juice ever. I found some guava juice at the store and knew I needed to try it. It was so good. I couldn't get enough haha.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 47


Sunday I met my family to go see Finding Dory. I had heard really good things about the movie and they are definitely true! The movie is so sweet and funny. If you love cute animated films, you have to see this! My brother decided he wanted to spend the night at my apartment, so after the movie he and I went to a few stores before heading to my apartment. We played with his soccer ball for a bit outside and watched people light fireworks a day early. We also got groceries since today my family is coming up to my apartment for dinner and to watch fireworks. I'm excited to cook for them and for them to see my apartment decorated!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 47


Have you seen Finding Dory yet? If you live in the US or Canada, how did you celebrate your holiday weekend? Let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. So incredibly jealous that you've seen Finding Dory! I have to wait until the end of June :(

    ciarawithac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It will be worth the wait though :)

      Delete