Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Monthly Intentions | July Goals

Before starting this month's goals post, I'd like to let you know of a little change. You may have noticed that the title is slightly different than usual and that is because I am joining up with Jazmine, Angela, and many other lovely bloggers for a Monthly Inspirations series! I've had some technical difficulties, so here is a link to everyone's blogs.

Looking at the events of June, it's been a good month. I got to see some friends, read the book I'll be teaching this fall during my student teaching, had plenty of down time, and visited some cool places. But mental health wise, it's been a bad month. I'm not really sure what caused it, but I felt so numb and bleh this month. I just couldn't seem to get rid of this oh so wonderful sort of depression. The last week of or two of June it started to get better though and I'm feeling back to normal now. I'm hoping that July will find me in a happier state of health for the whole month. July is also the month I move into my new apartment and my last full month of summer before starting my student teaching. So I guess we could say July is kind of my transition month?

So first, before talking my goals for July, let's talk about how I did with my June goals.
Goal #1: Make better use of my growing stamp collection.  This is the only goal I made for June that I absolutely achieved. I've been only using stamps and paper in my bullet journal, and I've found  I really like using the stamps!
Goal #2: Join at least one Twitter chat a week.  I'm calling this a success, although there was a week that I didn't join a chat. I'm glad I made this goal and followed through with it because Twitter chats are just so great for bloggers. It's great to talk to other people who get what you're doing and enjoy it as well. It's also a great motivator to continue blogging.
Goal #3: Continue to wake up at 8 am Monday - Friday. This was a big no. There were a few days I woke up at 8 am, but I mostly slept in. Like every day. I'm  going to say this partly has to do with not feeling the greatest this month, because when I feel so uninterested in doing much of anything, it's so easy to just lay in bed and watch Netflix all morning or sleep in.
Goal #4: Walk 2-3 miles at least twice a week.  This was an even bigger no. I only walked a few days. I know it would've been good for my physical and mental health, but it's really hard to motivate myself to get up, get outside, and start walking when I can barely get myself out of bed some days. 

Now that you know how I fared with my goals for June, let's talk about my goals for July.


July Goals from Courtney's Little Things
July Goals from Courtney's Little Things


Improve my mental health.

As I already mentioned, June was not a good month for my mental health. This month I want to work on improving my mental health, one step at a time. I usually find the best way for me to do this is to practice self-care and have some time alone. 

Take 1 e-course.

I have emails from several different e-courses I've signed up for in the past year, but have never opened. That's so bad! So this month I'm planning on learning more about blogging and clearing out my inbox a bit. 

Read 2 books.

I've been on a roll with reading this year, and I want to keep it going into the second half of the year. In June I finished reading A Game of Thrones and read the book I'll be teaching this fall. So this month I want to do some more personal reading, starting with Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou.

Make the apartment feel like home.

Moving into my first apartment by myself, I feel like it's really important for it to feel like home in order for me to be happy living there. So probably my main goal for this month, is to make my new apartment feel like my space, a space I love and a place that feels like home.

Look into my tasks for student teaching.

With student teaching I have a few big projects I'll have to complete throughout the semester to get my certification at the end of the semester. Luckily, the details and requirements for these projects are already posted online, so I'm going to spend some time looking into what each of these will entail. Hopefully having this information ahead of time will make the semester a little bit easier and less stressful.


Those are my goals for July! Are you setting any goals for this month? Let me know in the comments! And be sure to check out a few other bloggers goals for some more inspiration!





Related Posts:  June GoalsMay Goals


13 comments:

  1. Your goals sound great! I've got reading on my goals this month as well!
    XOXO
    Faith
    faithsgirlylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you'll have a good July! I'd love to see your apartment once you've finished it in case you decide to share it :) My main goal for this month is to make the most out of my summer break x

    Sara / AboutLittleThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on that post! I get really serious about wanting everything to look perfect when doing an apartment tour so I'm trying to get everything just right. I hope you enjoy your summer break!

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so sorry you've been feeling down. I hope you can make your new space amazing and get yourself in a good mental space!! I struggle with waking up early sooo much! This month I am determined to get up with my husband everyday... so far so good we'll see how it goes! I hope you read Maya Angelou's book I've heard good things about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou so I know that this book will be amazing as well. I hope to finish it soon. Thanks for all the well wishes :)

      Delete
  4. Meditation really helps in improving mental health. Although, even though I already know this, I still struggle to meditate. However, July 1 was a new beginning, so I started meditating again. It really makes me a difference. I should know, because I meditated for most of April and I felt great!

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a huge difference. I've used meditation more for stress than depression though, so I'll have to try incorporating it more for both! I hope you keep it up :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down last month. Hopefully July is better for you. Waking up early during summer vacation is always complicated. My body just wants to sleep the days away and hibernate till Fall. Moving into apart by yourself is a huge step congrats on the exciting step. I hope you're able to make it home. I wish you luck on your July goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically what I want to do! Haha. It's so hard to wake up early when I know I can just get up whenever. And thanks - it's feeling pretty homey already :)

      Delete
  6. These are fantastic goals. I've been working on my mental health as well... summer time blues? I guess that song - Summer time sadness was true? I dunno.

    Creating a beautiful space that you can enjoy is a great way to help perk up your mental health. Will you be doing a post about the books you read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a bout of summertime sadness. I'm feeling back to normal though so I hope you feel better soon, too! I'm not sure if I'll do a post soon, but I'm planning on doing a post about all the books I read in 2016 at the end of the year.

      Delete
  7. I love your list of goals! I have been looking into the idea of taking an e-course and would love to know which one you choose and what you think of it!

    Goodluck on all your goals, you'll do wonderful!
    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to put that into my August goals when I recap how I did!

      Delete