Saturday, July 30, 2016

Back to School Haul | Dollar Store Edition

I've always loved back to school season - new clothes, new shoes, and new school supplies! This year I wanted to see what kinds of school supplies I could get at the dollar stores in my area. I went to Dollar General and Dollar Tree for these school supplies I'm happy with what I got - I definitely found some cute school supplies - and I only spent $31.41 total.



Cute and functional school supplies for less money



First up I'll show you what I got from Dollar General - which is where I got most of my supplies.

The first thing I got was a set of mint and white polka dot file folder and desktop organizer for my desk at school. Both of these also have chalkboard labels on them which is a nice touch. 

The desktop organizer will be perfect for holding pens, sticky notes, and other stationary bits. The file folder isn't big enough to hold the binders and folders I have, but it is big enough to hold loose papers, books, and the like so I will use it for that sort of thing. 


Back to School | Dollar Store Edition

This semester I've decided to go with a binder system for organizing school papers. So to help with that I bought two 1.5 inch binders in green and blue. I also picked up a pack of 20 sheet protectors since I like to use those to keep important papers safe and to make dividers.

I'm also trying out something new this semester - using a bullet journal for school rather than a planner. Still, it's nice to have something to plan ahead on so when I saw the binder calendars, I knew I had to get one! I chose the chevron print but they had binder calendars in stripes and animal print as well if that's more your style. 


Back to School | Dollar Store Edition
Back to School | Dollar Store Edition

I picked up blue and green folders to match the binders (can you tell I'm color coding?). They're plastic which I always like since it makes them sturdier and they hold up better throughout the school year. Another nice thing about these folders is that as well as keeping paper in the folders on the sides, you can keep 3 hole punched paper in the center.


Back to School | Dollar Store Edition
Back to School | Dollar Store Edition

I also picked up some pens since I tell myself you can never have too many. I love having colored pens so I picked a pack of 8 colored pens from BIC. I've had these before and they write pretty well for the price. I also bought a pack of 2 black pilot pens. I've used these before too and can tell you that the promise on the package that they're the longest lasting pens is accurate. 


Back to School | Dollar Store Edition
Back to School | Dollar Store Edition


Now let's see what I got from Dollar Tree! At this store I mostly just got a few sticky note accessories. Like pens, you can never have to many stickies!

I grabbed a pack of chevron sticky notes. The color doesn't show up very well in the photo, but the sticky notes have pale pink, blue, and green chevron stripes. I like the different sizes and colors in this pack.

I also grabbed a pack of 4 mini sticky notes in bright colors and the cutest mini arrow sticky notes! The arrows are a slicker material and tiny enough that you probably won't be using them to write notes on without a permanent marker. However, they're perfect for marking important info in your notes, planner or bullet journal, or textbook! I like the different colors and patterns of the arrows - they have stirpes, polka dots and even little paw prints on them!

Back to School | Dollar Store Edition

The last thing I picked up were these days of the week sticky notes. I thought these were so perfect for using to mark the day in my bullet journal this semester! The material of the sticky notes is once again a bit slicker so you need to use a permanent marker to write the date on them. 


Back to School | Dollar Store Edition


That's what I got for the new semester! I'm really happy with everything I got and think they'll be perfect for helping me get through this semester. 

PS: This is not a sponsored post - I just wanted you to know where I got these goodies from!






4 comments:

  1. Aw you picked up some amazing bits! Unfortunately I don't live in America but we have a shop called Wilko here in the UK and it's literally a gold mine for stationery xx
    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. New supplies are actually the only thing I like about back to school season haha :) I love the blue folder you picked up, such a pretty colour! x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the perfect aqua blue! I always like bright colors :)

      Delete