Thursday, July 28, 2016

2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

I moved into my new apartment - my first one by myself - at the start of July. Before moving in I was a bit nervous about living without anyone else and being all by myself, but it has been pretty great to be honest. I like being able to be messy if I want to, but if I clean the space stays clean. I like that I can sleep in or stay up and no one says anything. Sometimes I do get a bit lonely, but luckily my family is just an hour away so they visit a lot and I go home sometimes, too. But mostly I love having my own space and I love having people over and sharing it.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom


I've been working on making apartment look Pinterest worthy. I bought a few pieces, a few are from my past apartment, and a few pieces are hand me downs. I think they all mix together pretty well and come together to make my apartment feel homey - and it's only been a month! So let's get to it and take a peek at my bedroom!


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

My "office" area is probably my favorite part of my room. I think this looks like it's straight off of Pinterest and that thrills me. The desk (available here), the wall art above it (minus the calendar), and the pillow are new. I love the gallery wall above the desk. All the white gives it a really clean look, but the painting adds the perfect pop of color.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

On the right side of my desk I have some flowers, a silver owl, and a silver candle holder with a Paradise Passion soy candle. I'll let you in on a secret - the flowers are fake, but they look so pretty and kind of mirror the painting on the wall. All these items I already had on hand.

On the other side of my desk is basically the planning station. I keep my Happy Planner on the left side of the desk and if I'm not using my bullet journal it stays there, too. I have the white mug with blue hearts on that side, too. I've always used a mug to hold my pens, but right now it just holds my scissors, stylus, and favorite pen. I also have a little square white dish to hold little bits.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

The desk has 3 drawers. They're thin drawers, but I like that because then I don't have to sift through piles of notebooks and such to get what I want. 

In the large middle drawer I keep all the essentials - my box of colored pens, my bullet journal for student teaching, the note pads I'm currently using, and a few prints I use sometimes for blog photos.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

In the drawer on the left side I have my collection of pretty paper and binder clips, stapler and pencil sharpener, USB drives, and one more stack of sticky notes. Just to be safe. 

That is basically the office area. Beneath the window that lets in lots of great light (as you will see in the photos), is a large oak chest with photos, a few trinkets, and a lamp on it.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

Before I talk more about what's on the desk, I have to tell you why this chest is so special - my grandpa made it. That's right! This was handcrafted (lovingly, I like to think) by my grandpa years ago. It's so beautiful and, despite being a few decades old, has barely a scratch on it. 


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

On top of my beautiful chest I have only a few things, but just like the chest they mean a lot to me. The photos are my favorites of my time studying abroad in Costa Rica. Next to the photos I have some gifts from friends. 

2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom


Above the chest on the window sill I have 2 little quote prints(blocks?). I got these from Hobby Lobby earlier this summer. I love how positive and cheerful they are! They both have the watercolor and pink I have throughout my room. Plus the one has my favorite saying - enjoy the little things. 

Next to this little area I have my bed. The bedding is all new with the exception of my body pillow and pink pillow which were both in my past apartment. 


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom


The duvet cover is from Ikea. I like that it looks clean and white, but when you look closely it has little stripes on it. It just adds a little texture and something extra to it without being too much.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

The white pillow (which is the same as the one on my desk chair) is from Target. I like the little white circles on it. It kind of has a shabby chic vibe which I like.

2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom

Across from my bed I have another little gallery wall. The art is a DIY I did last summer (see how I made the pieces here) and the dream catcher is from my trip to Colorado last summer.


2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom
2016 Apartment Tour | Bedroom


You made it through! This was a long post with lots of photos, but I just wanted to show you everything!  I hope you liked taking a look at my bedroom. Personally I love it and I know I always love looking at room tours so I hope you do too! I will try to get a tour of the rest of my apartment up soon.


What do you think of my bedroom? Do you love room tours, too? Let me know what you think in the comments!





PS For a video tour of my bedroom, add me on Snapchat - CourtneyLThings!

16 comments:

  1. oh your room is awesome. Love your desk space and the texture on the pillows is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I love the different textures of the pillows because it just adds a cool touch.

      Delete
  2. Love how you have decorated :) we've just moved into our first home and it's so exciting but difficult at the same time to add your own little touch :) Your place looks super cosy xxx

    www.beauteagenes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get your home decorated the way you want :)

      Delete
  3. Love your desk! And it's really cute that your grandpa made that chest :) I get you about living alone, though; I was a little nervous moving into my first place by myself last year, but I kinda really love having the space to myself!

    Alexa | theicingontheplaylist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a little strange sometimes for me since I've never lived alone before, but I really like it for the most part!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, your room is so cute and your office area looks really calm and relaxing (definitely pinterest worthy!) It's so cool that your Grandpa made that chest of drawers and it fits in with your room really well, kind of like a centre piece!

    rosario // rosarioverse xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you accomplished your goal at making it pinterest worthy!! I love the desk & decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The desk is my favorite part, too

      Delete
  6. OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR ROOM! It's so Pinterest like!! I love it! I love it! I love it! Very jealous of your desk area X

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is so cute, I love it! :) You have such a pretty desk area with the gallery area and everything x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my favorite area of my whole apartment

      Delete
  8. Lovely post :) Your bedroom looks gorgeous! I love room tour posts; I wish my bedroom was nice enough to blog about!

    Sarah | Raiin Monkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Room tours are so good because you can get to be a bit nosy and get some inspiration for your own! Maybe you'll have to do a little makeover :)

      Delete