Thursday, July 21, 2016

20+ Reasons Why I'm A Bad Blogger

I try my best with my blog - I try to write good posts, edit my writing before publishing, take decent blog photos, spend time editing photos, and schedule my content in advance - but I'm still far from perfect with blogging (as I'm sure you've already figured out). Today I just felt like talking about a few ways that I'm a bad blogger.






  1. I don't comment on other people's blogs enough.
  2. There are blogs I read every day, but never comment on.
  3. I'm guilty of only posting promo tweets in a day.
  4. I have ignored my Instagram for a full weekend.
  5. I've gone weeks without joining a single Twitter chat.
  6. I don't search for new people to follow on social media very often.
  7. My pictures are not bright and crisp enough.
  8. I forget about #FF all the time, and then feel bad that I didn't give anyone a shout out.
  9. I am way behind on reading all the blogs I follow.
  10. I don't have one niche.
  11. About once a month I have a moment where I think I've used up all my good ideas for blog posts and have nothing more to write about.
  12. I rarely comment on other people's Instagrams.
  13. I rarely reply to comments on my Instagram. What am I supposed to say to "👍👍"??
  14. I don't have an Instagram theme that I stick to consistently.
  15. I get on Twitter to post something more personal about my day, but then I just end up scrolling through all the different gifs for 5 minutes before closing the app without posting anything.
  16. I don't dress nice enough to do an #OOTD or #FOTD photo each day.
  17. When people talk about highlighters, I assume they're referring to the kind you use while studying, not a makeup product.
  18. I don't read new blogs very often.
  19. I've never been to a blogger meet up.
  20. I forget to take photos for my weekend wrap ups more often than not.
  21. I don't have any of those cool pineapple candles you see in blog photos all the time. 
  22. Every year blogtober and blogmas come around and I dream about doing these challenges, but never do them.
  23. Sometimes I suck at sticking to a posting schedule.
  24. I have gone weeks without publishing a new blog post. You know how unintended blogging breaks are.
  25. I totally under-utilize Pinterest. It's the social media channel I forget about most often. Oops!

So now you know I'm a bad blogger. The thing is, I don't feel too bad about it. This blog is just a hobby for me and I don't see myself ever using it as my main source of income. I have other parts of my life that I put first *cue Beyonce's "I Ain't Sorry."*


Did you like this post? Are you a bad blogger too? Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts: Why Your Blog is Awesome, How I Take Blog Photos, Blogging and Confidence

 


14 comments:

  1. I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect blogger there are just people who are more practice at it. I will never have one niche. It's just not me.
    Instagram is awesome, but posting on weekends, especially sundays I can't do, that's my day off from Social Media.
    The only reason I don't do just promotion tweets is due to facebook groups!
    I forget about #FF, took me a moment to even clue into what that was!!
    A highlight should be a highlighter for books not your face.
    I have also never been to a blogger meet up. Maybe one day, but I am sooo social awkward that it would be #awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can relate! There's so much work that goes into blogging that it would be impossible to be a perfect blogger.

      Delete
  2. I don't think these things make you a 'bad' blogger! I'm guilty of doing all of these things on more than one occasion, and I think a lot of bloggers are.

    Caiti // Caiti Nicole Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. I just thought this was a fun way to get all those little things I fail at off my chest!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED this post! Most of the time I feel the same way, so it was great to see someone else not only say what I am thinking but make me realize that all of this doesn't make me a bad blogger, it makes us human! We have so many other aspects of our lives and I think it's pretty impressive that we even have made it this far!

    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It would be impossible to focus only on blogging and still have interesting things to blog about - you have to experience things in other areas of your life even if you are a full time blogger! Glad you loved the post :)

      Delete
  4. I've written something VERY similar - guilty as charged on most counts. Bad bloggers rule!!!!
    http://happywiseowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me giggle Courtney, I'm guilty of all these things as well! But sometimes life just gets in the way haha! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me laugh because I'm a horrible blogger since I do several of these!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! And love your pic - Claire does such good illustrations :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, you really don't have to feel bad of any of this because I'm sure a lot of us can relate. I sure can and sometimes, I want to punch myself for some of these things but then again, we should only do what we feel like doing. And sometimes, we just don't feel like posting, scheduling etc. Loved this list and was nodding my head, all the time.

    xx Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel too bad about these things haha. This post was just for fun and I'm glad you could relate :)

      Delete