- It's a way to keep all those memories you'd otherwise forget.
- It's a way to look back at who you were, how you felt, and what was important to you at a certain point in your life.
- It's a way to be able to look back and know what day or what year a certain event happened (you never know what will be important to you later on).
- It's a way to be creative.
- It's a way to let go of negative emotions.
- It's a way to process emotions.
- It's a way to process your thoughts.
- It's a way to problem solve through difficult situations.
- If you have something private that you don't want others to know about, you can write it in your diary to get it off your chest, but still not tell anyone.
- It can help you figure out where you want to go from here.
- It's your own private space.
- It can be anything you want - a place to doodle, a place to write, a place to make little notes, anything!
- It's a way to hone your writing skills.
- It's a way to get to know yourself better.
- It's a way to figure out what you believe.
- It can be a way to practice self-care.
- It's a way to get your emotions out in a healthy way.
- If you're upset with someone, you can get out your frustrations without hurting anyone's feelings or being unprofessional.
- It can be a way to track your mood or stress levels.
- It can be a way to track how certain things affect your well-being.
- It's a way to experiment - you can experiment with how you write or the way you think and what you believe in.
- It can help you figure out your life goals.
- It can help you decide what you want out of life.
- It's a way to figure out what your next step should be.
- It's an excuse to keep buying cute stationary.
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Why I Journal
I've been journaling off and on since 1st grade. With journaling for that many years, I've found lots of reasons to encourage me to continue to keep one. At different points I've used my journal to record what's happening, get out my thoughts and feelings on all the high school drama, figure out what I think about different topics, practice self-care, be creative, and keep memories. If you keep a journal you can probably relate to these reasons for keeping one. If not, maybe this list will make you want to start one! So without further ado, here are a few reasons why I keep a journal.