Thursday, June 2, 2016

June Goals

May has been a decent month. I'm not going to say it was the best ever, but I got into a good summer routine, celebrated a few big moments with my family like my sister graduating from high school and my mom's birthday, and I've enjoyed my time at home. June will probably be more of the same, and that's okay with me. 

Before we get into my goals for June, let's take a look back on how I did with my goals for May.
Goal #1: Wake up at 8 am.☑ I've been able to do this most every day. There are some days I lay in bed for an hour on my phone before getting up out of bed and sometimes end up falling back to sleep, but for the most part I am up and out of bed at 8 am each day.
Goal #2: Start working. ❌ Welp, this didn't happen. I didn't get any of the jobs I wanted because I'm only available for 3 months in the summer. I didn't end up going back to my old job because the thought of having to waitress again just made me miserable.
Goal #3: Catch up on blog reading. ☑ This is a bit of a work in progress, but I have been doing better with keeping up with blog post by saving new posts in a different folder than the 400+ posts from the past 6 months. So each week I save new posts from Bloglovin in my posts to read folder and read through all of them before reading a couple from the old folder with 400+ posts. 
Goal #4: Read Seriously, I'm Kidding. ☑ I read it! It wasn't as good as I was hoping it to be. The chapters just felt a bit pointless.
Goal #5: Work out twice a week. ❌ Nope! Didn't happen. I think I made it to the gym twice all month. I just hate getting ready, driving to the gym, trying to find a machine, and all the rest that goes along with going to the gym. 

Now that we've caught up on how last month's goals went, let's talk about goals for this month!



June Goals from Courtney's Little Things
June Goals from Courtney's Little Things



Make better use of my growing stamp collection.

As you may know, I have a bit of a stationary addiction. I keep buying stamps that are cute and would work great in my planner or bullet journal, but I rarely use them! This month I want to use them more often, especially in my bullet journal since that tends to get less decorated then my planner.


Join at least one Twitter Chat a week.

I got really into Twitter chats at the end of last summer, but sometime over winter I just stopped joining in. I miss talking to other bloggers and finding other blogs that way, so I'm going to get back into them this month. Since I haven't done them in so long, I'm not really sure when they are, so if you have a favorite chat or are hosting one soon, let me know the day and time (+ time zone please!).


Continue to wake up at 8 am Monday - Friday.

I like waking up at a decent time in the morning so I can still enjoy the day, so I'm going to keep waking up at 8 am on my goals for this month. 


Walk 2-3 miles at least twice a week.

It turns out, I hate going to the gym. I just feel like I waste so much time driving there, getting ready, blablabla. But I love going for walks and doing more active things outside. So instead of trying to convince myself to go to the gym, I'm going to just try to go for a decent walk a few times a week. This is much more likely to happen then using the eliptical at the gym.


Those are my goals for this month! Are you setting any goals for this month? Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts:  May GoalsApril Goals


8 comments:

  1. Love this! My favorite Twitter chats are #GalPal coming up this Saturday (6/4) @ 11 am EST. And, there's a #BloggingCollege chat this Sunday (6/5) @ 8 pm EST! Hope you can join one of those! One of my goals for the month is to actually do things after work instead of going home, eating dinner, playing with my cat, showering, and going to bed. I'm ready to get my social life back!
    -Abigail
    livingthegraylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've joined #BloggingCollege before and I really like that one. It's good to chat with other college bloggers! I feel you on that. It's so easy to just get back from work and only want to eat and relax. I hope you are able to make more time for fun!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals this month Courtney, I'm sure you can achieve them! :) I've really been getting into reading daily again lately which I'm so happy about since it's one o the things I love to do most - so my goal for June is to keep that up & make time for things I love to do every day. I hope you'll have a wonderful month with a lot of happy moments x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good goal! I love it :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I've been trying to wake up earlier (and go to bed earlier) and I just get so much more done when I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a huge difference! I hope you're able to continue it :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck! I go to sleep at 4am some nights, but still end up waking up at 9am. I don't understand!

    Sunny | astoldbysunny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never stay up that late! If I stay up late it's till 1 am haha. I couldn't tell you why you're not getting the sleep you need. I hope you're able to get some good rest though

      Delete