Saturday, June 11, 2016

DIY Greeting Cards

One of the things I like to do is make my own cards to give people. I've been doing this for a few years - especially with birthday cards. I just think it's fun and makes the card feel a bit more personal for the person you're giving it to.

On my summer bucket list, one of the items is to "make a greeting card and send it to a friend." So I decided to make a few different ones and share them with you all! 


DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things


I made three different greeting cards. For each of them I used washi tape, puffy or pop-up stickers, and blank white cards. The only tool you need is a pair of scissors. 



DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things


Card 1 | Something Sweet


For the first card, I cut a little triangle out of the washi tape to make a banner and put one strip of washi tape on top and one on bottom. Next I added a few puffy cupcake/candy stickers in the right hand corner. 


DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things



DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things


Card 2 | Flower Power


For the second card I once again cut a small triangle out of the washi tape, but this time I placed the banner part on the bottom of the inside of the card, and wrapped it around so there is just a straight piece of washi tape at the bottom of the front/outside of the card. I used this washi tape as the "grass" to plant my flowers on.


DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things




DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things

Card 3 | Under the Big Top


For the last card I layered three different washi tapes on the front of the card. I picked the washis based on the elephant sticker I used. So first I layed the purple washi tape down horizontally, then the green washi vertically, and last the blue washi horizontally. I placed the elephant sticker in the bottom right hand corner of the card.


DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Greeting Cards from Courtney's Little Things


Those are the greeting cards I made! These are just some ideas to help inspire you to make your own. If you can't tell, these are super simple to make - nothing complex that requires crazy crafting skills! While I've had most of these supplies for a while, I've picked them up mostly at Michael's, Target, and JoAnn's Fabric, so you should be able to find similar items there.

Do you ever make your own cards? Have you ever wanted to? Does this post inspire you to make your own cards? Let me know in the comments!




5 comments:

  1. Aw these are sooo cute!!! You are so talented and creative! I wish I could make cards like you xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All you need is washi tape and stickers! You should give it a go!

      Delete
  2. Awww these DIY cards are super cute! My favourite is the Flower Power one :) I love making my own cards too, although they are not as good as yours!

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so fun and springy?! I'm sure yours turn out great :)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday! Visiting from www.twelveonmain.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete