Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Day Trip | Arbor Lodge

A few weeks ago I went to Arbor Lodge, the home of the J. Sterling Morton who created Arbor Day. He and his family created a beautiful mansion from a basic four room frame house in the 1800s. The property more than 260 species of trees, which is fitting for the founder of Arbor Day. I took a ton of photos and thought I'd share some with you!


Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things
Day Trip | Arbor Lodge from Courtney's Little Things



I hope you liked looking at all my photos. I always like when other people post photo diaries of their trips, so I hope you enjoyed mine!


4 comments:

  1. oh I love the entrance, I don't know what's it's called the pillars with the roof but it's so pretty! Looks like a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? I always love how elegant it looks!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this place looks absolutely stunning! You took such fantastic photos :) I hope I get the opportunity to see this gorgeous mansion for myself some day x

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I took so many photos while I was there. I hope you do, too. Of course you'd have to let me know so we could finally meet!

      Delete