Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 42

First of all, I can't believe I'm writing my forty second weekend wrap up post! Sometimes I feel like I've been doing these forever and you guys must be bored with these, but then again it doesn't seem like I've written 42 of these!

Anyways, it's been a pretty good week here. I did a little crafting (how to post coming soon!), had a little fiasco (our water heater broke and we had to fix it!), and got a little tidying up done. It was a pretty calm week which was nice, but had me ready for a fun weekend - which is exactly what I had! So let's get into it, because I'm excited to share all about it!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday was my mom's birthday, so we of course had to celebrate! I decorated the table like we usually do in my family - a tablecloth with photos of the birthday person with presents and cards placed at the end of the table. For lunch my sister and I took my mom out for a picnic at the lake, one of my mom's favorite places. My sister and I bought groceries the day before for our picnic and made the sandwiches and fruit salad ourselves on Friday. It was a bit gray out, but it was still pretty nice outside. It was nice to relax and enjoy a meal with the water next to us. In the evening when my dad and brothers got home from work we had brownies and mom opened presents.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things


Saturday my mom, sister, and I had a little shopping day. I went a bit crazy at the first three stores, but they were all things I had on my list! I like making cards so I needed some new supplies for that (stickers and blank cards). Our first stop was Michael's, so I picked those right up along with a few more stamps to add to my collection. Then we went to Famous Footwear and I found the perfect pair of black sandals to replace my old ones with. They're so cute and very much needed since my old pair of black sandals is starting to fray a bit at the edges. After that we went to Dress Barn where I had been eyeing some tops all month and finally broke down and bought two of them. After that I was pretty much spent and just enjoyed window shopping at the rest of the stores.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things


Sunday I was in the mood for something fun and outdoorsy so my youngest brother and I went on a little day trip! We drove over to a state park where we did some hiking and explored for a few hours. He was really fascinated by the Missouri River for some reason, so I took him over to a town a few miles down the road from the park that is right next to the Missouri River. It has a steam boat that was built in 1930 converted into a museum, so we got to tour the old steam boat and look around the rooms the crew members use to stay in. It was pretty interesting and made for lots of great photos! I'll do a post about our trip to the park in about a week, so I'll share more then!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 42 from Courtney's Little Things


How was your weekend? Was it a fun weekend or more of a calm and productive one?  Have you been on any day trips recently? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment