Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 41

This really hasn't been my week. It's been one of those weeks where all of a sudden your every insecurity comes out of hiding. Along with that it's felt like every possible thing that could go wrong or make things more difficult, has. Even if I tried to do something fun, it felt like everything went wrong to make it unenjoyable. Then towards the end of the week I read this great post about how accepting things (and people) as they are is part of being positive and I realized that is what my issue had been all week. I was trying way too hard to control things and already had an idea in my head of how things would go, so when things didn't go according to plan I got super frustrated.

On the bright side though, I was able to start two new books this week. I started reading Seriously, I'm Kidding and A Game of Thrones. I'm really enjoying both books so far and would recommend either - Seriously, I'm Kidding for a light hearted and quick read, and A Game of Thrones if you're looking more for a fantasy world to get caught up in for a while.

Now let's get into how my weekend was!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 41 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I spent most of the afternoon on Pinterest. It's one of those things where I meant to get on it for a second, and next thing I knew 2 hours had passed. Oops!

Saturday was my sister's high school graduation party, so I spent the morning getting ready and helping with the finishing touches. During her party I talked with a lot of the relatives and made it over an hour before I was exhausted from all the small talk and had to go inside for a bit. When it was over I helped clean things up before coming back inside to get into a comfy pair of leggings, a baggy t-shirt and a messy bun. It felt so much better than the dress I was wearing at the party haha. I haven't worn a dress in over 4 years though, so it was definitely a success that it stayed on for 6 hours.

Sunday I had a lazy morning in bed, reading a few blog posts. It was so nice to just lay back and relax after the previous day's festivities. After awhile I had to get up and get ready for the actual ceremony. So I got all fancied up, took some pictures with the family, and went to my sister's high school graduation ceremony. She actually volunteered to do a speech, which I thought she did really well both writing and speaking. I was so proud of her because even now I would be so scared to speak in front of the hundreds of people that were there. The photos and ceremonies took up all of the afternoon. When we got home, I was all too happy to get into some comfy clothes, eat dinner, and then get some alone time. 

And finally, here are some photos from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 41 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 41 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 41 from Courtney's Little Things


How was your weekend?  Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best week but it makes me so happy to know that my post helped! Honestly thank you so much for always being so supportive, it means a lot x Well done to your sister for giving a speech, I definitely couldn't have done that! Also I can totally relate when you said that small talk made you feel exhausted after a while, that's how it is for me too. I'm glad you got to have some me time in the evenings. Oh and you looked lovely in that dress btw :) I hope this week will be a better one for you!

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem! I feel like it's good to spread the love around in the blogosphere :) And this week has been much better!

      Delete