Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 40

This week has been a good one. I got to sleep in one day and the rest of the week I spent either helping my mom with chores, blogging, or visiting grandparents to deliver Mother's Day gifts. The weirdest thing this week has just been how much time I've spent with our family dogs. I normally don't spend much time with them, but I have been taking them for walks each day and even playing ball with them (for like 1 minute, then they decide to go take a nap). I guess that puppy fever has really hit me! It doesn't help any that my best friend got a puppy this week (she's soooo cute). Anyways, let's chat about the weekend!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday morning my parents left to head to my brother's college 6 hours away and help him move out. I took advantage of the day alone to have a blogging day. I took new photos to update my about page, catch up on blogging, and write/edit a few posts for this week. It was a really good way to start my weekend! In the afternoon when my youngest brother got home from school we ran an errand and then stopped at the dollar store. Dollar stores are always my weakness because how do you talk yourself out of buying something that's only a dollar? So I bought quite a few items (#NoShame). 

Saturday he and I went to the park to take some photos of him in his soccer jerseys. He's played soccer the past two years at school and our mom had been meaning to take photos of him, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Since he has to turn his jerseys in on Monday, we went ahead and took a few a lot of photos to surprise her with. After our photo shoot we went out to lunch at the local Chinese restaurant. 

In the evening my brother drove from college while my parents stayed for an extra day to visit family in that area. We helped him settle in and then I spent the rest of the evening getting stuff ready for Mother's Day. I wrapped her present, found some photos of her with each of us kids growing up, and worked out what else we would do to make the day special for her.

Sunday I made strawberry muffins for breakfast. They're one of my favorite things to have for breakfast, but I don't make them often so they were a special treat. I set up our dining room table with a pretty table cloth, the photos I picked out the day before, and set her gifts, cards, and cookies on the table so she'd have a nice little spread to celebrate Mother's Day when Mom got home. Her and Dad got back around 2. She was happy with the set up and loved her gifts.

And now here's a few photos of the weekend:


Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 40 from Courtney's Little Things



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had such a lovely weekend & week in general! :) It's always great to spend some quality time with your family, especially when there are special occasions like Mother's Day x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's nice being home for the summer so I can spend more time with my family and be here for things like Mother's Day.

      Delete
  2. Your photos are amazing! OMG...this weekend, I discovered Poundland...it's basically a UK version of the dollar store...everything's £1. I went in there for a bottle of water, and came out with two bags full of stuff haha. #NoShame. And you just reminded me to update my about page too :) Seems like you had a really productive weekend!:)

    www.from18tolife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aren't stores like that the best? You get so much stuff and don't have to feel guilty.

      Delete
  3. Your dogs are so cute! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I hope the week treats you well xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great weekend. The dogs are shihtzus so they are pretty adorable haha. They're so cute, especially when they run around playing together.

      Delete