Thursday, May 12, 2016

Summer Photo Prop Ideas

It's time for a new season! I'm so excited for this summer. I have lots of big plans both for my personal life and the blog. I always like to use the seasons as a way to freshen up my blog and keep it from getting boring. I swap out some of the props I use and post some different content related to the time of year or holidays. If you're needing some inspiration to vamp up your blog this summer, here are some ideas to freshen up your photos for the new season.



Summer Photo Prop Ideas from Courtney's Little Things



Props


Sunglasses
Seashells
Beach towels
Bright colors (especially blue and yellow)
Nautical themed jewelry - or maybe I'm the only one with a collection of anchor necklaces...
Target dollar spot pineapple themed goodies
Fruits
Floppy summer hats
Beach/pool bag
Leis
Pinwheels
Stationary
Sandals
Beach ball
Swimsuit pieces


While I was brainstorming photo prop ideas, I also thought of a few backgrounds you might use to add a little extra to your photos this season!


Backgrounds

Brightly colored poster boards
Summer table cloths
Grass or bamboo mats


Do you change up the props you use in your photos each season? What do you do to freshen up your blog for summer?


Related Posts: How I Take Blog PhotosBlog Notebook TourWhy Your Blog is Awesome20 Photo Prop Ideas

 



10 comments:

  1. I really should put more thought into the photos -- a lot of times it's just me pulling what's nearby! Haha! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sometimes you need a photo so that works. And you can usually pull a few things off of bookshelves or desks that look cute and work well in photos anyways.

      Delete
  2. Ooo... I really like your background ideas! Grass and bamboo mats. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I found some at Michael's at the end of summer last year so I've been waiting to use them. They don't seem to fit winter or fall (for me), so I'm excited to pull them out this season.

      Delete
  3. These are great ideas! I really want to make sure my blog is nice and colourful for summer! This will help loads

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's helpful! I feel like summer is all about the bright colors and then fall and winter are more about dark or muted colors.

      Delete
  4. I love using props and I love to go shopping for props. Props can make a pic so pretty!

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! It also makes for the perfect excuse to buy pretty things that you have no idea what else to do with :)

      Delete
  5. this was super helpful!! I'm always looking for new ways to spice up my photo backround (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I always like changing up my photos a bit too!

      Delete