Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Room Tour

I've been updating my room at my parents' house the past few weekends. For me, that means rearranging, changing the wall art, throwing out a few things I've out grown, and getting rid of clutter. After putting all that work in, I feel pretty pleased with my room and just couldn't keep it to myself, so I have to share it with you!


Room Tour from Courtney's Little Things


Now my room has more white in it thanks to the new lampshade, pillows from my apartment, and white shelf liners I put on top of my dressers. The white makes the room feel much more modern to me and a little more chic. It also lightens up my room a ton. The walls are a pale yellow which helps, but all the furniture is dark brown so they kind of counteract each other.

My favorite corner of my room is definitely my nightstand since I added the new lampshade, my calendar from Target (my favorite buy from there this year), my "plants," and tsum tsum pyramid. I usually keep my bullet journal and a pen on top of my nightstand as well so I can write up my list for the next day at night and then cross things off my list during the day. 
.


Room Tour from Courtney's Little Things


The main feature in my room is probably the gallery wall that I created last month. It has a few canvases I painted earlier this year with handlettered sayings about traveling and black and white photos I took when I was abroad in Germany and Italy. Since moving home earlier this month I've added a clock and a canvas from my apartment. The canvas colors are taken from my bedding. 

Room Tour from Courtney's Little Things


My bedding is a mix of old and new. I've had the (reversible) bedspread for a few years now, but it's still sold at stores. One side of it is the colorful damask you can see on the big pillows I have hiding towards the back and the other side is the blue and white diamond pattern I have facing up now. I like the blue more for summer and it feels much more calming to me than the colorful damask pattern. I love having extra blankets at the foot of my bed to cover up with when I lounge on my bed. I have two placed there now - a tie fleece blanket I made last winter with my mom with a cozy white blanket on top of that. The pillows on my bed are a bit of a hodge podge, but I just can't part with any of them! I like that they're all different textures so each one adds something.


Room Tour from Courtney's Little Things
Room Tour from Courtney's Little Things


In my room here I've decided to showcase some photos and memorabilia from travels abroad in my room. I have several photo collage frames with photos from my travels to Italy and Costa Rica. I also have some tidbits from Costa Rica on my dresser along with a few pottery pieces from Mexico that I was gifted. I have two owls featured in my owl collection from my travels to Italy and Germany. Like I said earlier, I have 3 black and white photos from Germany and Italy hanging on my gallery wall along with some handlettered canvases I made with travel quotes and a clock. I also have some plates from Spain on one of my shelves that I found at an antique store with cute little phrases painted on them.

I've never posted a video before, but I felt the photos didn't quite do the room justice, so here is a little video I put together of my room...




I hope you enjoyed this post (and my first video). Hopefully you enjoy room tours as much as I do. Let me know what you think and if you have any room tours on your blog/YouTube, leave me a link!





4 comments:

  1. aah I love room tours, I just think it's fun to see how other people decorate theirs & to take some inspiration from it! :) My favourite part is your gallery wall. I have something similar on the wall behind my bed - I hung up lots of quotes which motivate me so whenever I get up in the morning I see them & start my day off with positive thoughts x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I have always loved quotes so I love anything like that. At college I always keep a few quotes on the wall above my desk, too. They help to keep me motivated and inspired.

      Delete
  2. Your room is so cute!! I love your bedding and pillows, I also like mine to be different textures and just different. I like the Cath Kidston inspired one, it's so nice!

    http://fleurdelailis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bedding and pillows are my favorite :)

      Delete