Wednesday, May 25, 2016

MORE Journal Ideas

In January I started writing in a journal. I've kept journals off and on throughout the years - I have one from way back in first grade! While I haven't been able to do what I originally intended, which is write one entry a week, I have written in it at least once every month. It can be hard to carve out time for it, because it's not something I've done regularly for awhile. Still, it's something I really enjoy and I'm glad I've picked up again. It's really helped me work through some emotions and keep record of some of the better times. 

Anyways, I have a new list of journaling prompt ideas to keep you writing if you're interested in writing in a journal or want to use these as blog post ideas! 


MORE Journal Ideas from Courtney's Little Things
MORE Journal Ideas from Courtney's Little Things



  1. What are your life goals?
  2. What has surprised you in life? 
  3. Define yourself.
  4. Read your past entries. What do you think of them? How do they make you feel?
  5. Where are you in life? What do you work on? What are your hobbies? Who do you spend time with? Who are the most important people in your life? What are they like? How do you feel? What is the weather like? Do you like it? How do you spend your time outside? What do you want to do? What are you doing that's creative?
  6. Words I try to live by...
  7. Currently... List all the things you're currently doing - where you're sitting, what you're wearing, what your listening to, what your seeing, what you're eating/drinking, what the weather's like, anything and everything.
  8. Write down everyone you talked to today and what you talked about.
  9. What's the biggest thing that's happened this year?
  10. What are some things you want to improve on? How are you going to improve them?

Do you keep a journal or want to start keeping one? Are you going to use any of these journaling ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I did keep journals when I was younger & I love reading through them :) I've been thinking about strting one again for a while now but I often find myself not knowing what to write about when I have a blank page in front of me so this little collection of ideas was very helpful. Journaling is definitely a great way to reflect on things like life goals or improvements x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can feel pretty daunting to just have a blank page in front of you. I feel like I don't want to waste a page in my book for something silly, so I like having a topic to write about, whether it's from a list or something that I need to get off my chest. Hopefully this will help you if you start journaling again!

      Delete