Wednesday, May 4, 2016

April Favorites

April has been a great month. I got to meet the teachers I'll be working with during my student teaching in the fall. I got to spend lots of time with my friends doing fun things. I finished up my last semester on campus. I taught my last lessons to my 8th grade student and 3rd and 4th grade class which was so happy and sad all at once (I get super sentimental). And at the end of the month I moved back home.

It feels like so much has happened in such a short amount of time. This has definitely been the most eventful month of 2016 (so far). With that said, there's a lot of favorite things from this month!



April Favorites from Courtney's Little Things
April Favorites from Courtney's Little Things



Music

"Hasta el Amanecer" by Nicky Jam. I had this song stuck in my head so many days this month. 

Chill R&B playlist on Spotify is one of the playlists I've been listening to a lot this month. 


YouTube

Beka Ellen. I asked for some YouTube channel suggestions on Twitter and that's how I found Beka's channel. I've only seen a few of her videos, but I really like them. If you're in the mood to watch some videos, take a look at her channel!


Netflix

Scrubs. I started watching Scrubs from the very first episode on Netflix this month and I love it. Before I've only seen random episodes on TV, so it's fun seeing the show from the beginning and seeing how the characters develop. I love that you get to see what's happening in J.D.'s mind, because I totally do the same thing.


Book

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. I read more of Alice's adventures this month in preparation for seeing the Through the Looking Glass movie in May. It's interesting because there are some parts from Through the Looking Glass that are included in the Alice in Wonderland movie, and there are some parts of the book (not going to spoil anything) that I hope they include in the Through the Looking Glass movie, even though it's not exactly the same as the book.


Purchase

Gifts. I went a little crazy buying graduation gifts for everyone this month. I can't help it! I always want to get the best gift and so I end up buying too much...but better that then nothing right? Everyone seemed to like their gifts so I'd say it was a hit!


Blog


I've been following Jaye Rockett's blog for a while now, and lately I have really been loving her posts. They're short and sweet and her photos are always perfect. Some of my favorite post from April are Day at the Museum, Snippets of Home, Postcards from Paris, and Practising Self Care. Her 10 Happy Things series is one of my favorites. It's such a good way to sum up the week in a positive way. I also started following her on Snapchat and YouTube lately - which have just made me like her blog even more.



Related Posts:  March FavoritesFebruary Favorites

 

6 comments:

  1. I love this lifestyle faves :) I have been doing more lifestyle faves lately, too... although I want to buy more beauty products lately.. I feel a bit deprived lol

    Arianne | Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the same makeup every day and rarely buy new stuff, so my beauty faves would be the same each month haha. I also like reading a few lifestyle faves even in monthly round ups like this because I feel like it helps you get to know the person behind the screen better.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any Alice in wonderland books but the films are my favourites! I can't wait to see the new one, I am so excited! I am actually going to go to the cinema to see it which I never do ever! Haha! Fingers crossed its good X

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such high hopes for this film, I'll be crushed if it isn't good. But I always love Tim Burton movies and I love Alice so I have a feeling it will be great. I'm already in love with Pink's song for the film.

      Delete
  3. Aww thanks for the love Courtney, you've made my day! xxx

    ReplyDelete