Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 37

This week I've been busy prepping for a big presentation I had Thursday, a big project that's due today, and starting to plan for finals the last week of the month. I felt like I did a ton of work so I was very much ready for a nice weekend. Since this is the last weekend I plan on staying here at my apartment, my flatmate and I decided to make the most of it.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things


After I finished up some homework on Friday, my flatmate and I went out to Dairy Queen to grab some ice cream. I switched things up from my normal banana split blizzard and got a peanut butter cookie dough blizzard. In the evening I wrote up a post and enjoyed some pinteresting.

Saturday I got dressed up for a girls' day with my flatmate and one of our friends. We spent 6 hours out shopping and eating. As you might know by now, my friends are graduating soon so our shopping trip was primarily for finding graduation dresses. So after lunch at Olive Garden we went to several stores. Everyone ended up finding a dress - even me. I usually refuse to try on dresses, but since they were trying them on I figured I would try on a couple. I have my sister's graduation coming up soon as well and knew it would just thrill my mother to see me in a dress. I ended up buying not one, but two dresses. I figured I might wear a dress when teaching as well as to my sister's graduation. I also bought some cute shoes and jewelry.

When we got back home, I did some studying for my only "real" final (the rest are reflection papers) coming up. Then I did some blog reading and watched a marathon of my favorite show - Law & Order SVU.

Sunday I straightened up my room a bit before heading out for a walk. I headed out for a walk and was thinking I would just head over to the park a few blocks away. Well, I noticed a little trail near the park and decided to explore! I was so glad I did because it was a beautiful wooded path and even had a little side trail that lead out to a small pond with lots of cute turtles. I think these turtles were the same kind as my pet which made it all the more darling. I loved sitting there watching their little heads pop up out of the water and one of the braver turtles climbing up a branch sticking out of the water. So adorable!!

When I got back to my apartment I took some blog photos, did a bit of homework, wrote some blog photos, and then edited some photos. It was a very nice relaxed afternoon - just what I needed before the final stretch of college classes.

Here's some photos from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 37 from Courtney's Little Things 


How did you spend your weekend? Let me know in the comments!



4 comments:

  1. I love that dress on you! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Like I said, wearing a dress is VERY rare for me and out of my comfort zone so it's good to hear. I think it will be perfect for my sister's graduation party.

      Delete
  2. omg DQ is amazing, but I haven't been recently because I found Rita's!!! Their Frozen Custard is thicker and creamier than DQ's soft serve! Can you believe that?!

    Arianne | Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love frozen custard! There's a place that serves frozen custard cones for only $1.

      Delete