Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 36

After a wonderful spring break it was a bit tough to get back into doing school work all day at college again. Anyone else struggle with that after some time off? Classes went well enough though and eventually I was able to do some homework haha.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I started my weekend by heading to my parents' house to spend the weekend with me. My dad and I spent the evening together watching 60 Days In. It's rare for us to have a show we both like, but this is one we can both enjoy. It's about 6 innocent people voluntarily entering a county jail for 2 months to help the head officer reform the jail which is known for corruption. It's very interesting to see how different people react to being in jail and how they cope with it as well as how the inmates' world functions.

Saturday I started my morning by watching a bit of HGTV with my mom and sister. Us and my brother went out to eat at a local restaurant and explored a few shops in the downtown area. My favorite shop downtown is a used book store and it is so magical to me - $2 books? Yes, please! I ended up looking at a few books, but not getting any because I felt a bit rushed (only because it would take me hours to make my way through the store).

At home I spent some time outside with my dad and brother before I wound up on a Pinterest binge. After getting inspired from all the dream rooms on Pinterest, I decided to work on giving my room a refresh. I ran to the store to pick up a new lampshade and white shelf liners to brighten up my room. I started giving my room a refresh a few weeks ago by rearranging my room and adding a gallery wall which I love so much (you can see it here)!

In the evening we had a little bonfire outside and made s'mores. So good and a nice end to the day.

Sunday I had to be a bit more productive. I did some homework, planning, and started packing for my week out! The education department at my school has a week long assignment called "week out" where seniors spend a week at the school they'll be student teaching at. It's pretty cool to be able to get a feel for the school you'll be spending a semester at and to start working with the teachers. I'll be sure to let you all know how that goes in my next weekend wrap up :)

In the evening my mom and I went for a walk on the new walking trail that goes by our house. It was so pretty, so I have a few photos of that to share below.

Here are some photos from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 36 from Courtney's Little Things


How did you spend your weekend? Let me know in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are absolutely beautiful Courtney, I love them so much! :) Hope you'll have a wonderful week x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really impressed with my photo skills to be honest. I might start using this series to challenge myself to take more photos during the weekend and try out different ways of taking photos.

      Delete
  2. HGTV is my weakness! Just like probably everyone else in the world, I'm obsessed with Fixer Upper, but sadly, our campus cable doesn't come with HGTV :( Hope you have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not providing HGTV should be a crime! Fixer Upper is so good- I love Chip and JoAnn!!

      Delete