Saturday, April 30, 2016

Summer Bucket List

I am officially on summer vacation!! This is my first summer in three years that I don't have to take any summer classes, so I'm planning on taking advantage of that extra freedom. I've been getting super excited for this summer, so I have lots of things I want to do.

I was inspired by the summer schedule you can find here and the summer fun list you can find here. The only problem with these is that they are aimed for children. Adults want to have fun in summer, too! So I've made my own schedule complete with fun things you should try to cross off your summer bucket list this year!



Summer Bucket List from Courtney's Little Things


Creative Monday

  • Draw
  • Paint a canvas
  • Color in an adult coloring book
  • Try a DIY on Pinterest
  • Paint rocks
  • Journal
  • Take photos  - of your day, of nature on a walk you go on, for your blog, whatever!
  • Update a room
  • Sew something
  • Make a collage
  • Make a greeting card and send it to a friend
  • Make some DIY room decor
  • Work on your 2016 photo album/scrapbook/project life book
  • Write a new blog post
  • Film a video


Out and About Tuesday

  • Go to a farmer's market
  • Visit a park
  • Go thrift shopping or to an antique store
  • Visit the zoo
  • Take a trip to the lake or beach
  • See a movie at the theater
  • Go to a frozen yogurt or ice cream shop
  • Visit a local fair
  • Take a trip to a museum

Bookworm Wednesday


Thursday in the Kitchen

  • Bake cookies - bonus points if you decorate them
  • Make homemade pizza
  • Cook something new. For me it would be enchiladas or lasagna. Why haven't I made these things yet?
  • Make ice cream pie
  • Bake and decorate cupcakes. Have friends over and make it a cupcake decorating contest.
  • DIY ice cream bar
  • Cook or bake something that's been sitting on your Pinterest forever
  • Make homemade fruit smoothies
  • Find a healthy alternative for one of your favorite meals and try it 
  • Bake a pineapple upside down cake

Fun Friday

  • Go camping
  • Have a summer BBQ
  • Make s'mores
  • Go to a concert
  • Go mini golfing
  • Go bowling
  • Dress up and go out to a new restaurant with a friend

Active Saturday

  • Go for a bike ride
  • Kayak
  • Get together with some friends to play a favorite sport (soccer, basketball, you know what you like to play!)
  • Go for a hike
  • Play Just Dance
  • Have a water-balloon fight

Family Sunday

  • Do a random act of kindness for a family member
  • Host a family dinner
  • Visit grandparents
  • Have a family game night. Depending on your family it could be board games, a sport, or video game. 



Summer Bucket List from Courtney's Little Things


So those are the things on my summer bucket list and a schedule to keep things interesting all summer long. We'll see how many of these things I can get done!



14 comments:

  1. This is such a nice idea. I especially like the specific days to spend on reading/baking. I think I should incorporate that into my summer too, it seems like a very good idea <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a fun idea!? I saw that and thought it was a good way to break up the week.

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea!!! Love that you split up the days of the week into specific days. I need to include a bit more family into my list and more activity as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. It's so easy for me to spend the day just reading, working on my blog, or watching Netflix so somedays I have to remind myself to get out and be active more!

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to be doing some of this bucket list! This is such an amazing list of things to do!
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be on summer vacation till the beginning of July but this list made me so excited for it already haha :) I love how you came up with a different theme for each day & you mentioned some great ideas here! I hope you'll have the most amazing summer, enjoy your free time x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my break much earlier than since mine has already started. I'm enjoying it so far and I'm hoping it will continue to be a good one! I hope you enjoy your summer once it gets here :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, this is such a lovely post! These all sound like things I'd do in the summer time, and it's inspired me to create a bucket list of my own :) I hope you get to do all of the things on your list and more this summer!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you have a super long bucket list for this summer :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely list!!! I have a 3 month summer holiday this year so I plan to really make the most of it! I really want to work on my blog, scrapbooking, take more photos and travel! I can't wait! Have a fab holiday xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my perfect summer! I just got my photos for the first quarter of the year printed so I'll be working on my 2016 scrapbook soon!

      Delete
  7. This is an awesome post with some really great ideas :) Thanks for sharing it x

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I hope it helps you have a great summer :)

      Delete