Wednesday, April 13, 2016

DIY Graduation Cards

This spring I have 4 of my friends graduating from college and my younger sister graduating from high school. That means I had to do some shopping for graduation gifts for all of them. If I give them a gift I obviously have to include a card, so I decided to go with handmade cards! I really like these with all the sparkles and personal touch (monograms) for each girl.

DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things


All the supplies came from Michael's craft store - not that they're sponsoring. I just want you to know where to get these items!
- Blank white cards and envelopes
- Red labels
- Sparkle silver washi tape
- Sparkle silver letter stickers
- Graduation stickers (caps, balloons, and diplomas came in one pack)
- Graduation statement banner stickers

DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things


On the front I placed a red label in the center of the card and then laid a sparkly silver letter sticker with the person's first initial on top of the label. Then I put the cap and diploma sticker in the top right corner and a balloon sticker in the bottom left corner. I like the diagonal design and it looks so clean!

DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things


On the inside of the card I used the sparkly silver washi tape to make a vertical line on the right side. I taped it all the way around the card to give it a clean look. Then at the top I placed one of the banner stickers on the top right side, with the right edge even with the tape. So pretty! It leaves plenty of room to write a nice message, too.

DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things


I'm so happy with how these turned out! I think my friends are really going to like these - and their gifts!

DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Graduation Cards from Courtney's Little Things

Do you have any graduations coming up? Are you going to DIY some cards?



2 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so cute! I am slightly dreading graduation season because my sister is also graduating from highschool *tear*. I love making cards, and will definitely be using this for inspiration!
    -Elissa//letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad/exciting/strange when you're younger siblings graduate! I'm going to miss my sister for sure!

      Delete