Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What I'm Looking for in a Friend

This year holds a few changes for me. My friends are graduating at the end of April and we're all parting ways to go on to student teaching (me), grad school, and working. Since I'll be moving to a new town, I'll be needing to make some new friends which is kind of scary since I haven't had to make all new friends in a while. I've been thinking about a few qualities I'm looking for in a friend, and thought I'd share the list with you!


What I'm Looking for in a Friend from Courtney's Little Things



Someone who's nice and I can easily talk to.

Obviously I don't want to be friends with someone's who mean or rude, so nice is something I'm looking for in a friend. I also can be a bit quiet and hold back when I first meet someone/am getting to know them, so having someone who is easy to talk to and I feel comfortable with is important.


Someone I have something in common with.

Having a friend who I have more in common with than just a job or favorite TV show is something I'm looking for. I'd love to have a friend who likes crafting or painting so we can have craft nights and go to all the craft stores and feel no judgement for the ridiculous amount of supplies we buy.


Someone I can do fun things with.

As much as I love cozy nights in just talking and watching a movie with a friend, I'd love to have a friend that I can do some fun things with. Maybe someone who'd want to go to the park to hang out on nice days, visit a museum or two, or try some new restaurants with.


Someone I can be myself with.

Having a friend who you can be your true self with is so important. I need someone who I can be honest with when things aren't going well, and when they are. I need someone who I can be silly and goofy with sometimes and just chill in silence with at other times.


Someone who supports me.

If you've ever had a friend who puts you down, you know this is something you just can't compromise on. I need to have some friends who will support me as I finish up my college career and start looking for a full-time job. To be honest, I hate going on job interviews and am scared of having to do 20+ before getting hired so having a friend who can support me will be key.


So that's what I'm looking for when making new friends. What do you look for in a friend? Tell me if you'd add anything to this list in the comments!


Related Posts: Changes and Possibilities, Lost Friendships


6 comments:

  1. I think I agree with each and every point... I LOVE finding friends who have so much in common with me... I think it is so important to find people who have the same sense of humour as your... as this is something that can differ between people.. but this could really affect how well you and someone else get on!! Great post girly!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Humor is so important to me because it really does affect how you get on. You want to be able to have fun together so you have to be able to joke around!

      Delete
  2. Aw I can really relate to this too haha! I'm also quiet and find it difficult to make friends even though I am super friendly, I just need someone to look past my shyness :D underneath is a girl who would love to be friends! It's a little trickier (or maybe easier in my case haha) online but I would love to be blog friends! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit easier to step out of your comfort zone online.

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post Courtney :) having friends you can be yourself around is definitely very important, otherwise they're not real friends. You should always surround yourself with people who lift you higher & accept you with all of your flaws. Btw, you'll be an amazing teacher! Have a wonderful rest of the week x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I'm really excited to start student teaching in the fall. Hopefully I'll make some good friends,too :)

      Delete