Monday, March 28, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 35

This week has been so wonderful. It's my Spring Break so I got to spend the week at home with my family. Monday I met the teachers I'll be working with in the fall when I student teach and spent the day at the school. I visited my grandma, got some homework done, and saw my brother's first high school soccer game of the season. It's so nice to be able to be a part of all that and not feel rushed to get back to my apartment or worry about classes the next day. This was a much needed break and I really enjoyed it!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 35 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I finished my second book of the year, I Am Malala! This is super exciting considering last year I didn't finish reading any books for fun. 

My 20 year old brother also came home on Friday which is pretty special since he goes to college 6 hours away. He also brought his first serious girlfriend home which was kind of scary to me - my little brother is growing up! She seems nice and my parents loved her. My sister and I made a Nebraska state trivia game online which involved my family giving the weirdest hints ever to try to help both my brother and his girlfriend get the answers. It was interesting to say the least.

Saturday morning I woke up early since I couldn't sleep very well. When I woke up I got onto blogger to work on writing a few posts and saw that I had reached 56,000 pageviews on my blog!! It was the best, most exciting news ever. So, thank you to all of you lovely people who take time out of your day to read Courtney's Little Things. I love creating all these posts from the idea stage to writing to photography and everything else that comes with blogging and I am so happy I get to share it with other people like you!

I went out for lunch with my siblings and my brother's girlfriend at our favorite local restaurant. In the afternoon I watched a movie with my mom, wrote up a book review of I Am Malala (I'll publish it in April!) and did some other blog work.  My mom made runzas for dinner which are a favorite.

Sunday my grandpa came over for an Easter brunch complete with dyed Easter Eggs, muffins, and breakfast casserole. After our little Easter celebration, it was time for me to head back to my apartment. I wasn't ready for my week long break to end, but it was fine once I got back. I did some unpacking, bought groceries, and settled in for some homework time so I'll be ready for classes bright and early Monday morning. I'm not quite ready for class work all day, but it will be good to be back into a routine.

As always, here's some photos of the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 35 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 35 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 35 from Courtney's Little Things


Have you hit any exciting milestones this week? How did you spend your weekend? Let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. Great post :) It sounds like you had such a lovely week spending time with your family :) I love your decorated eggs, they look so cute! I've never painted eggs before, maybe when I was really young so I can't remember, but I think I'm gonna have a go next Easter.

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't even paint them! It was my mom and sister who made them. I just wasn't in the Easter spirit to do it. But you should give it a try next year! It's so fun and there's so many beautiful designs you can do!

      Delete