Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 34

This week the healthy eating continued this week...for the most part. It's hard work trying to eat right! All I wanted to do was get through the week since I knew the next week was Spring Break!! I desperately needed a nice break, or at least some time to relax and catch up on projects.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I rearranged my room a bit. It took awhile to figure it out, but I have it arranged now. My mom made philly chicken sandwiches for dinner which were delicious. After her and I watched a movie called Brooklyn. I had never heard of it before, but it's pretty good! It's about an Irish girl who comes to the US in 1950 and falls for an Italian boy, but goes back to Ireland after her sister dies and has to choose between her life in the United States and her life in Ireland.

Saturday my mom and I drove up to the school I'll be student teaching at in the fall and will be spending some time at Monday and in April.  We stopped at Jimmy John's for lunch and I picked up a few things (i.e. candles) at Target. In the afternoon I took a little nap and spent the evening relaxing and reading a few articles online.

Sunday morning I read a bit of I Am Malala. I only have a few chapters left which is exciting since this will be the 2nd book I finish this year. In the afternoon my mom and I colored in our adult coloring books together. I also did a few chores (boring, I know) before getting to some fun blogging stuff.

Here's some photos of the weekend:


Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 34 from Courtney's Little Things


I'm excited for the week ahead since it will be a nice break and I get to meet the teachers and students I'll be spending my fall semester with!

Do you have anything exciting coming up this week? How did you spend your weekend? Let me know in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! And I totally agree - why is it so hard to eat well? I wish I knew! How have you found 'I Am Malala'? It's been on my to-read list for over a year now so I'd love to hear your thoughts!
    Hope life is sunny where you are :)
    Lx
    www.lucyeyf.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book. It's well worth the read. I learned so much about Pakistan, what a gift education is, and I loved learning more about I Am Malala. I'm planning to do a post about it soon :)

      Delete
  2. I love how your wall looks! :) Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, mother-daughter time is the best, right? Have a wonderful week x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really happy with how the gallery wall turned out. I love spending time with my mom, she's really a great person :)

      Delete