Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 33

This week has been really good! I've gotten to do a lot of teaching and teacher-like activities (i.e. lesson planning, writing about how I'd handle misbehaviors). It's really exciting to be so close to student teaching that most of my coursework involves teaching. Before this semester it's mostly been writing papers and reading textbooks.

I also started working on being healthier! With warmer weather out I have more of a desire to be active and, to be honest, I've been rather unhappy with my body lately. So I decided to do something about it and make the most of my extra energy. So I've been tracking what I eat (I use My Fitness Pal if you're interested) and trying to be more active each day either by walking more. I'm not an exercise lover, but walking is something I enjoy doing and I can do it outside which makes it even better.

So now that we're all caught up, let's get on to how the weekend went!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday started  a little later than I meant for it to, but it was still a good start to the weekend! I got home just in time to go out to dinner with my family at a local Mexican restaurant. I ordered fajitas rancheras and guacamole to go with the tortilla chips. Guacamole is seriously the best. When we got back home I turned in pretty early.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things


Saturday was a bit of a lazy day, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I read a few blog posts and enjoyed some kitty cuddles and a good nap. In the late afternoon my family went to the store to pick up some flowers, birthday card, and cupcakes for my grandma's birthday! We spent an hour or so visiting with my grandparents and it was a nice way to celebrate my grandma's 75th birthday.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things


Sunday my family and I went for a walk in the morning (and the dogs got to come, too) before I left for my apartment. When I got back to my apartment I couldn't help ordering a pizza before getting started with some cleaning. I straightened up my room and the living room, and scrubbed down the kitchen counters. It feels so much better to have a clean apartment!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things


Later in the afternoon I ran to the store to get a few groceries and ended up buying this plant. I just couldn't say no!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 33 from Courtney's Little Things



How did you spend the weekend? Tell me all about it in the comments!



6 comments:

  1. Love your weekend wrap-ups :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Sometimes I worry they're not the most interesting, but I enjoy writing them and being able to look back on what I did.

      Delete
  2. Your weekend sounds lovely!
    Thank goodness for warmer weather!!!! :) xoxo

    ~ Nicole XO
    www.nicolevaidosa.com
    www.instagram.com/nicolevaidosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather!

      Delete
  3. Mostly blogged this weekend! Proper lazy and two pyjama days in a row and it was great! :)

    eleanor
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the best weekends!! I love being able to just sit back and relax, especially after a busy week.

      Delete