Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February Favorites

February was filled with ups, downs, and everything in between. I got to enjoy some really fun weekends like when two of my good friends came for the weekend, making a surprise dinner for my parents, and having my mom and sister come to spend the weekend with me at my apartment. I also was dealing with a very tough situation, 3 group projects (trying to find a time for everyone to meet was a nightmare!), and just trying to stay on top of all the regular assignments and due dates that make up the college experience.


February Favorites from Courtney's Little Things



Music

Formation, Beyonce. If you haven't heard about why people are going so crazy for this song, here are several articles about the language used in the song, the visuals used in the video, and outfits used in the Superbowl performance which explain just why this song/video/performance are just so monumental.



Television

Kids Baking Championship. These kids are between the ages of 10-13 and know way more about baking than I ever will! I don't even know how to use a torch, and these kids are like "Oh I have to change what I'm baking because this doesn't torch well." HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT TORCHES WELL?? ARE THEY EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO USE A TORCH?? 

Aside from the fun of being outsmarted by 10-13 year olds and admiring their amazing talents, they say the cutest, funniest, sassiest things and I love it. I also love how well they all work together and help each other out. It's a competition, but there's always at least 1 person who goes over to help another kid in the competition as they finish up. You never see that in adult competitions on TV. It just warms my heart to see how much these kids care about each other and how they're willing to help without being asked.

YouTube

My best friend and I have been all about clips from the late night shows. On Jimmy Fallon's I love "Ew!" - especially this one with Jennifer Lopez - and Wheel of Musical Impressions -  like this one with Jamie Foxx. Then Jimmy Kimmel has all of the great Celebrities Read Mean Tweets. They're so funny (although sometimes I do feel bad for the celebrities reading them) and usually such stupid insults. I feel like it's a cool way for celebrities to kind of get back at all the mean things people say online about them.

Movie

The Intern. My mom bought this movie earlier this month and kept telling me I needed to watch it. As I mentioned it's been kind of a busy month, so it took me a while to get around to it, but I LOVED it when I finally watched it. Anne Hathaway will forever be one of my favorite actresses and Robert DeNiro is of course one of the most well known actors so they made a great pair. This movie takes you through all the feels as you watch Ben Whittacker break down Jules' walls, help everyone else in the office become better people, and find love again. 

Purchase

Tsum-tsums. I got my first 3 tsum-tsums this month and I have a feeling this collection will quickly grow. I've been reading about other people's tsum-tsum collections and eyeing them at the store for awhile, but I finally got my own when I did a bit of shopping with my mom and we decided to go for a stroll through the toys isles (because we're adults). They had so many cute little tsum-tsums and I just had to have a few so I bought one and then my mom let me pick out two more Valentine's Day. 

Food

Tacos. I'm not sure why, but I've been craving tacos all the time this month! They're easy to make and you can vary what you put in them so your taste buds never get bored.

App

Neko atsumi. I have become a virtual cat lady. My apartment doesn't allow pets, so this lets me live my dream of having a bunch of cute cats. It's strangely addicting, despite almost nothing happening. I've been posting photos of my cats on Twitter.

Blogs

From Roses. Rebecca's lifestyle blog is one of my absolute favorites. Her posts are always so helpful and her photography is just perfect. Some of my favorite posts as of late are ways to use your stationaryhow to become a morning person, and becoming more mindful.

Beautiful Imperfections. Simone's lifestyle blog covers everything from quotes to ways to destress to lessons learned.



2 comments: