Thursday, March 10, 2016

10+ Things About Me

I haven't written an introduction post, so I thought now would be a good time. Of course there's my About Page, but there's a few other things I'd like you all to know so we can get to know each other better!


10+ Things About Me from Courtney's Little Things


If I could go anywhere right now, I'd want to go to Greece. I love the all white villages you see whenever you look up Greece. Plus the history is great, the food is the best, and the beaches look beautiful!

A few things I'm passionate about (besides blogging) are foreign languages, learning/education, equal rights (for women, minorities...), organization, and teaching.

My mom is my best friend. I'm really lucky to have such a great mom and even luckier to have a great mom that I get along with. I'm able to talk to her about nearly anything and we always have fun together. It's so great to have someone who's lived a bit to give you advice as you go through all the changes and challenges of young adulthood.

Some celebrities I look up to/admire are Demi Lovato, Beyonce, Oprah, and Taylor Swift.

I have a favorite scientist - Neil deGrasse Tyson. I'm always so impressed with how kind he is to others when I see videos of him speaking at panels (like this time he talked to a girl about being a scientist with a learning disability) and how he promotes science education through different TV programs. He also just has some great quotes and is super intelligent.

If I could get a furry pet right now, I would be getting a cat. Preferably a fluffy one. Sorry Burt, but I need someone to cuddle!

Some things I struggle with are math, managing my depression and stress levels, accepting change, and being outgoing.

Concerts I've been to recently (as in within the past few years) include Karmin, We The Kings, Idina Menzel, and Echosmith.

I love foreign languages. I've been studying Spanish for 8+ years. I studied French for 1 year in college. I know bits of Italian and tried learning some Russian over winter break. I'm really interested in learning Russian so I need to get back on that!

A quote I try to live by is "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

2 classes I didn't expect to like in college, but really enjoyed were General Biology and Macroeconomics. They're very different from what I normally would consider my interests, but they both were taught by excellent teachers who got me to care about their subject matters.


Now that I've told you more about me, let me know more about you! Tell me your answer to one of these topics or something else about yourself. Let me know if we have any similarities :)





4 comments:

  1. I love reading these more personal sort of posts getting to know the person behind the blog. That's interesting to me that you have a favourite scientist, I don't think I've heard that being said before. I'd love to visit Greece as well, actually anywhere! I love travelling!


    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think having a favorite scientist is pretty unique haha. Travelling is so amazing! I love enjoying the food, history, the nature, and culture of other other places.

      Delete
  2. I'd definitely love to visit Greece too - my best friend went to Santorini last year & the pictures she showed me were absolutely stunning! I love the quote you live by, my personal life motto is 'work hard, dream big & enjoy the little things in life' :) I really enjoyed reading those facts about me & btw you have such a beautiful smile x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that quote too :) They're 3 great tips for life. And thank you so much for that compliment!!

      Delete