Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 31

It's been a pretty good week around here! I gave a 2 day group presentation over a discipline model for class. It went super well and it's amazing that in the past 4 years I've gone from being petrified to give a 5 minute speech to not even breaking a sweat when I have to give a 50 minute presentation for 2 days. It's also a pretty good sign considering I'm going to be teaching haha.

Life's calmed down a lot since the hecticness (totally a word) of last week. I had lots of time to relax after classes and getting homework done, so I drafted a few blog posts, got to enjoy some of my favorite shows, and read lots of other people's blog posts! So yes, it was a pretty good week, even if I did was in a little bit of a funk Thursday and Friday. 


Weekend Wrap Up No. 31 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I just wasn't feeling up to anything, but I still managed to go to class, write a 2 page paper, and take a quiz before straightening up and heading to my parents' house for the weekend. Of course, when I got there I was ready to just lay in bed so I spent some time watching Netflix in bed before we went out to eat at the local Chinese restaurant. I kind of surprised myself and actually watched Fuller House. I was just a bit reluctant to watch it since I loved Full House so much and didn't want Fuller House to disappoint. Luckily, Fuller House was super cute and funny so I loved the first episode!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 31 from Courtney's Little Things


Saturday I woke up feeling a lot better and totally out of my weird little funk. I did a lot of lounging around - watching TV with my dad, reading some more blogs, and other little things. In the afternoon I got my parents to watch Fuller House with me. We made it through the first 6 episodes and I had the pleasure of explaining Netflix and how Netflix's original series work to my parents. Lots of fun haha.

Sunday I spent some time with my family before hitting the road and heading back to my apartment. After spending some time planning with my new stickers from Sweet Kawaii Design, I started to do study for my midterm which I have today.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 31 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 31 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 31 from Courtney's Little Things


But studying just stressed me out and I couldn't focus. I really shouldn't be super stressed over the midterm since the teacher gave us a study guide and I know what his tests are like since I have had him before, but it just seems so scary since it is my first exam of the semester! And then I start thinking about all the other little things I need to do - laundry, clean my turtle's tank, return a library book, go grocery shopping, write this post, blablabla - and I just cannot focus on any one thing because I'm always thinking about everything else I should be doing! It's so stressful and annoying and I'm pretty sure this goes back to why I was in a funk Thursday and Friday. I guess I just get overwhelmed and don't know how to deal with it, so I end up feeling super unfocused and scatter-brained which keeps me from getting much of anything done. Ah!


How do you deal with stress and overwhelm? Have you started watching Fuller House yet? How did you spend your weekend? Tell me in the comments! 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your presentation went well! :) I can definitely relate to the feeling of being overwhelmed - it often happens to me that I can't focus on what I'm currently doing because there are so many other things in my mind that I need to do as well. Whenever this happens to me I just try to take a deep breath, calm myself down & ban out all the worries. Hope you'll have a good week x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's just good to hear that other people are in the same boat. That's great advice :) So far it's been a good week and I've had lots of extra time since I don't have any big projects or exams at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I have never watched Fuller House although I've heard it's supposed to be good. I often feel overwhelmed and what helps me most is writing a list and setting priorities - I write down 2 things for each day that I definitely need to do and then some other things that need to be done eventually and then tick them off. I actually got the inspiration for this from the blog 'Cupcakes & Cashmere' and I find it super helpful. (The link is http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/series-stories/time-saving-tips) if you're interested xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to give Fuller House a watch when you have some free time. Writing lists definitely helps. The top 2 idea is good because it's less overwhelming than trying to get EVERYTHING done at once. Thanks for the tip and the link :)

      Delete