Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 30

I had 2 group presentations to prepare for last week. The one project was on Iceland and we presented on Friday (so if you're from Iceland, leave me a comment!) and the next project is a 2 day presentation on Monday and Wednesday this week. Working with all those groups to be prepared for our presentations made the week pretty hectic with multiple group meetings for each project. So when the weekend came I was ready to enjoy it, especially since I was having 2 very special guests  spending the night - my mom and sister!

So Friday my mom and sister arrived a little before dinner and we had a good chat before I started cooking dinner for them. It's so fun for me to have my family over and take care of them! I made my go to meal of pasta with vegetables. After we ate we watched The Intern, which is one of the movies my mom brought. It was sooo good! I loved the story, the actors, and the themes. 


Weekend Wrap Up No. 30 from Courtney's Little Things


Saturday we did some shopping. We went to TJ Maxx, which I never go to, but I actually found some cute things there - hello blogging props! I bought 2 journals and 2 artificial plants. They were just so cute! I love the blue journals and can't decide which to use for my next bullet journal (my current one will have to be replaced soon). 

We visited a few other stores and then stopped at Ulta. Normally I'm not much of a makeup person, but when I saw this Chocolate palette from Too Faced, I fell in love. First of all, the eyeshaddows are in heart shapes which makes it super adorable. The colors just spoke to me and before I knew it, I was trying them on and knew I had to have it! 


Weekend Wrap Up No. 30 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 30 from Courtney's Little Things


We had dinner at 54th Street Grill which is a great regional restaurant. Their fries are the absolute best. We all enjoyed our food and visited a few more stores before heading back to my apartment. My mom and I ended up having a little community nap time while my sister watched TV before they left to go back home. 

Sunday I got some laundry done, worked on my blog (good things are coming up!) and did some school work. I ended up spending most of the day in my bed and watching Law & Order SVU. It was a pretty low key day, which I greatly enjoyed.


How did you spend your weekend? Did you do any shopping? What restaurant do you think has the best fries?


6 comments:

  1. Haha that eyeshadow palette looks super cute! I went to see my best friend in Sheffield (UK) and we had the best burgers ever. A burger with mac n cheese - Just amazing. It's always lovely catching up with people after you haven't seen them for a while.

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good and strange all at once haha. And I'm pretty sure it's the cutest eyeshadow palette I've ever bought!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend! Love that palette!
    http://dbhpurplebuttoncouture.blogspot.ie/2016/02/simple-chocolate-fudge-recipe-baking.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I really enjoyed my weekend :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to see the Intern. Sounds like such a funny movie. Love the goodies you scored :)
    Dora
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should put it at the top of your list! It really is a great movie!

      Delete