Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 29

After a hectic week, I had a really nice weekend. Since I get done early on Fridays - just one class at 9 am - I get to enjoy long weekends. After class Friday, I cleaned out Burt's tank and then he got to go visit his grandparents with me!

When we got to my parents' house, Burt got to settle in before the rest of us (my parents and 2 youngest siblings) headed out for the afternoon. I don't know positively, but I'm pretty sure of where I'll be student teaching so my parents and I had been checking out apartments in that area online. We decided to drive through a few of the complexes to get a better look at where they are. I'm really excited (and a little scared) to start living completely on my own - no family, no flatmates!

Then we went to  Kohl's where I got some new dressy clothes to wear for teaching. I'm so bad about shopping for clothes (as my mother will tell you), so the fact that I got about 10 tops that I really like is amazing. I'm excited to wear them this week when I teach my 3rd and 4th graders! We stopped by a few other stores and ate at Cheddars for dinner before going home.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 29 from Courtney's Little Things


Saturday was my favorite day of the week. My sister and I have been planning a special surprise to brighten up my mom's mood since she's been really sad her and my dad's trip to the beach in Mexico this month fell through. We convinced our parents to go to the high school basketball game so me and my sister could go to the grocery store and decorate for the "Cafe Mexico." We went all out and made menus, wore aprons, and made fresh fruit juice for the event. It was so fun to put it all together and surprise them!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 29 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 29 from Courtney's Little Things


Sunday was Valentine's so I got some chocolates, the notepad featured in the title image, and 2 Disney Tsum Tsums!!! I got Marie from The Aristocats and Donald Duck and I think they are absolutely adorable. This has me up to 3 tsum tsums and I don't know that I can stop haha.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 29 from Courtney's Little Things

I spent most of the day  doing homework (bleh) for one of the group projects I have coming up. When Burt and I got back to our home, I ordered a pizza for me and my flatmate since it also just so happens to be her birthday on Valentine's!! 


How did you spend your weekend? Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?


2 comments:

  1. You know what my boyfriend's step-mum also has a February 14th birthday. I think it's a great idea because everyone else should be in a good mood for the holiday and then your birthday is more happy and fun, except instead she is just annoyed that other people get presents on her birthday :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. My friend likes her February 14th birthday since it's like everyone is celebrating. She always gets lots of heart stuff for her birthday so it's become her thing.

      Delete