Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 28

Hello again! I didn't post a wrap up last week since I mostly worked on homework at my apartment and didn't take any photos. This weekend though I had quite a few fun things happen! First a bit about my week... It was just a typical week for the most part, but a good one. I have 3 group projects I'm currently working on. I have some big dates for school at the end of this month, so I'm working hard to do well on those papers, presentations, and midterm! I'm liking my classes this semester for the most part since they're relatively easy which is a great change from last semester. My classes were just so time consuming so it feels great to have less work this semester.

Thursday night one of my best friends came back to town! She's student teaching this semester for a third grade class (and loving it). She had a student teacher meeting on Friday, so she's staying with me and my flatmate for the weekend. It's so fun having her back for a few days.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 28 from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I have one class at 9 am. My parents got into town for a visit right after my class got out to since otherwise I wouldn't see them for 4 weeks. We had a nice time chatting, went out to eat, and then we went to a few stores to pick up a few things. I needed some dress pants for teaching this semester (I teach a class twice a week). We found a few pairs at Maurice's and then we went to Walmart where we went a bit crazy haha. My parents and I looked through the $5 CD bin and they found all their old favorite albums and I got a Diana Ross and the Supremes CD (because it's necessary). Then my mom and I ended up looking at the toys section and found the cute little tsum tsums. She bought 2 for my sister and I picked out my own for Valentine's day. I got an extra one that's a little raccoon and I've decided it's Meiko from  Pocahontas.


Weekend Wrap Up No. 28 from Courtney's Little Things


Then in the evening another of my good friends came for the weekend! She's staying at another friend's apartment and I was so excited since I haven't seen her since she transferred 2 years ago! We've kept in contact though and it was SO great to see her and hang out! The three of us got Chinese take out and then played a game called fish bowl.

Saturday I slept in a bit, did some blog reading, and just watched TV and chatted with my friends. We watched Bend It Like Beckham in the afternoon - one of my favorite movies ever. Then in the evening we went out for a friend's birthday! Her birthday is actually on Valentine's Day, but we decided to celebrate this weekend since everyone was here - even our friend student teaching!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 28 from Courtney's Little Things
Dinner from our night out


Sunday I enjoyed a little bit more time with my friends before they left. We got to enjoy one of our favorite TV shows (Law & Order SVU) and the Kitten Bowl. Honestly, I could watch cute kittens all day. They were so adorable and made me wish I had my own!


How did you spend your weekend? Did you get to spend any fun time with friends this weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment