Thursday, February 25, 2016

My Favorite Things To Do On A Night In

We all spend plenty of nights in during the week. Those precious moments of free time during the evening should be spent doing things you enjoy. Today I'm counting off a few of my favorite things to do on a night in.


My Favorite Things To Do On A Night In from Courtney's Little Things



All Things Blogging Related

I love to spend my nights in doing anything blog related - reading other people's blogs, writing posts and editing photos for my blog, and taking part in Twitter chats. There's always something to do for my blog and everyone is always putting out great content so there's always a new post to read!


Watch TV or Netflix

After doing classwork all day, it's great to be able to sit (or lay) down and just enjoy a few of your favorite shows. Some of my favorites to watch are Bob's Burgers, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, and Parks and Rec.


Games

Playing some games on your phone or computer - or maybe a game with real life people if you have friends or family over - is a great way to unwind and have some fun in the evenings. I play sooo many rounds of solitaire and sodoku in the evenings which might be kind of lame, but I just don't do video games - nothing against them, I've just never been into them.


Go for a Walk

As the weather gets warmer, I want to spend more time outside and enjoying the sun. I love going for a late afternoon/early evening walk - especially in summer! It's the perfect time to take some nature photos as the sunsets and puts of the prettiest lighting.


Socialize

Have a friend over to talk and watch TV, call mom, or join a Twitter chat. You don't have to spend the evening alone if you don't want to. Even if you're by yourself you can call a friend or family member or see what chats are going on on Twitter that night and join the conversation.


Take Care of Yourself

Do a bit of pampering and take an extra long shower or enjoy a bath. Give yourself a little facial, put on lotion, paint your nails, get into your pajamas extra early - you know the drill. A midweek pamper session is always good!


What do you like to do on a night in? Tell me what you'd add to this list in the comments!

Related Posts: Self-Care Ideas, 10 Ways to Spend the Weekend

 


7 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I love doing blog related stuff in the evening but I mostly just do work haha x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do school related tasks during the day so I can stop at 5 and have the evening to myself. Treating it like a 9-5 makes it a lot easier.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, what is considered a night in nowadays? Lol, working freelance from home means I'm only really relaxing when I have "time off" from both editing and my full time job.. anyway, when I'm procrastinating from my freelance job, I like to catch up on my tv shows or binge on YouTube videos :)

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it definitely looks different when you're working from home! YouTube can be like a giant vortex you never escape from. I love finding good channels on YouTube.

      Delete
  3. Loved this :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing all of these, especially taking care of yourself and far too much blogging related nonsense. I really need to get into Twitter Chats though! Anyway, I would also add cooking a tasty meal while dancing in the kitchen to Panic at the Disco or Disney music! I usually do that with my roommate, but it's not too bad by yourself either ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea! Cooking can be so fun, especially with good music. And best of all you get to enjoy your tasty creation at the end. :)

      Delete