Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Goals

February is here! That makes us one step closer to March and (possibly) spring! I'm also looking forward to seeing my friend who is student teaching for the first time since we left for winter break and spending a weekend with just me and my younger siblings in February. Hopefully February will be a good month for me (fingers crossed).

Before we get into my goals for February, I'll give you a quick update on how I'm doing with a few of my goals for 2016. I've commented a lot more on blogs and shared quite a few blog posts on Twitter. I've figured out what I want my night time routine to be, but I've only followed through with it a few times this month - it's just way too easy to just stay up and get carried away with Netflix! And so far the last semester on campus is off to a great start with not much stress.



February Goals | from Courtney's Little Things

My goals for this month are...


Journal once a week. 

I think journaling is a great way to reflect on your day, mental state, and thought process and I'm enjoying writing more in-depth journal entries this year!


When I'm going to bed, only a book or music on my iPad. 

I'm really trying to kick the habit of watching Netflix till I fall asleep.


Work on that school-blog-life balance. 

It's too easy for me to focus too much on one, and trust me it's not pretty when I obsess over grades and assignments.


Those are my top 3 goals for February. Are you setting any goals for this month? How are you doing on your goals for the year?



Related Posts: December Goals, Goals for 2016


9 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best with your goals! I've not been biting my nails - so that's a success!

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals Courtney, I hope you'll have an amazing February :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's off to a great start :) I hope you have a lovely February, too!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your goals and happy February!
    I have to say that I have a journal and update it almost every day. It was an advice given by my psychologist and yes, it helps you a lot and plus you can later read and have some memories!

    Alex
    alexmoreirablog.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have journals from lots of different periods in my life and I'm loving writing full journal entries again. They help you so much!

      Delete
  4. I pretty much have the same goals. Good luck!!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney you're defintely not alone when it comes to obessing about your grades & assignments. I think getting out of that mindset truly takes a lot a baby steps. The first thing I tried is setting a bed time for myself so I'm not up late working on stuff, it's sorta help lead me to that direction. I have yet to insitute the no phones when it's time go to bed rule!! I know it's better for sleep but it's so hard. Best of luck on this months goals! Thank you for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did pretty well with this month's goals (as you'll see when I publish my March goals). Baby steps is definitely the way with trying to keep everything balanced. I cannot turn my phone off before bed either! I'm good about setting it on my nightstand and not checking it, but I just feel too reliant on my phone to turn it off haha.

      Delete